View RSS Feed

HealthyStart

1. Back on the wagon again

I have decided that I am not allowed into a Supermarket for the next few months! All my shopping will be done online. I am also going to start mindfulness again to try and stop mindlessly buying cr*p. I know that when I am at home I don't fancy cake/chocolate but as soon as I step inside a supermarket I can't resist buying it and then of course eating it. It's as though some sort of wall appears in my brain which keeps out any rational thoughts. So, I am putting a ban on all supermarkets until ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 14

I'm pleased to have made it to 14 days and now feel that it's become a way of life. I know that I've still got to be careful at this stage not to be lulled into a false sense of security. I'm still avoiding fruit, all though I had some blueberries the other day, as I know that the sugar content is enough to set me off on a sugar binge. I've got a busy week next week which could be dangerous so I'm off to Sainsburys this morning to make sure I've got plenty of supplies. I'm determined to make ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 11

My energy is back which is a relief as it means that I can get on a do things. As it was sunny today I did a few hours of gardening and topped up my Vit D. However yesterday I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep again which meant that I felt tired all day. I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that I've been eating garlic which might have caused some die off but I felt really peckish all day. After meals I felt full but just couldn't stop looking for food. So, I decided to give myself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 9 - Porridge

Everything is ticking along nicely and I'm still amazed at the difference between how it's gone this time and how I felt last time I tried to get back on track. It has really made me realise that I need to avoid stress as it obviously sends me spiralling into bad eating habits.

I thought I'd try porridge for breakfast today. I always used to have it until I became intolerant - it caused me to have an itchy throat and sneeze but I seem to be OK now. I won't have it every day just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day - 7

I think I had too many faggots yesterday and I think that it was because I skipped lunch. After dinner which ended up being lamb with carrots and green beans I still felt hungry so a little while later I had another faggot with lettuce and cucumber. Today I had put on half a pound. It might also be water retention as everything seemed quite salty - bacon, faggots and lamb stew so today I have tried to keep my salt intake down. I still had bacon for breakfast but then had chicken salad for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO