View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Allergies calming down

As expected I seem to be almost allergy free this evening, 48 hours after eating the last bit of gluten/oats.

Today I tried to get more Vit A into my diet although it's not easy to eat the retinol vit A foods. I bought some snack prawns from M&S but I just hate the texture - it's like eating some kind of cold worm. I think I'll have to try them cooked in something. Alternatively I'll just stick to the eggs in broth. My body should be turning the carotenoids into retinol but I'd ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Will Vitamin A Be My Saviour?

After another few days of testing I can confirm that it is the gluten that is setting off my allergies. I thought that it might have been a cold as it took 48 hours for the gluten to get out of my system but when it did I became allergy free (no more sneezing and runny nose).

Unfortunately I then had a craving for Muesli (Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli to be exact). I had three bowls on the first day and when I woke up the next day I felt a little bit snuffly but nothing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Continuing the experiment

I thought I would record my new allergy discovery as I like to have something to look back on in future.

I've been suffering from allergy symptoms for about 6 days now and I'm slowly working out what it is. It started with a dry and slightly sore throat and developed into a runny nose and sneezing. I know this sounds like a cold but there are a couple of reasons why I think it's related to allergies or more correctly intolerances. I know that I'm intolerant to milk proteins as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over

Hurrah. My gut has calmed down and I can now eat 'normal' food. I gradually tested a few things like leaving the peel and pips on the courgette and not peeling the carrots and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I had peas with no reaction and I've been having porridge without any adverse affects. So I can happily conclude that my gut is no longer irritated and therefore is not chucking out anything that comes its way. I never thought I would say that it is so nice to be able to eat peas again ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fixing My Leaky Gut - Supplements

The last two days I have introduced and increased some supplements. For a few days I've been taking one capsule of BioKult probiotics and they seem to agree with me so this morning I took two. I've started taking Zinc supplements as they are supposed to help with leaky gut and I've also been taking garlic capsules to help kill off any candida/bugs that might be in my system.

It seems that I need some soluble fibre to keep my system happy and luckily I had some oat bran in the cupboard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO