View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Will Vitamin A Be My Saviour?

After another few days of testing I can confirm that it is the gluten that is setting off my allergies. I thought that it might have been a cold as it took 48 hours for the gluten to get out of my system but when it did I became allergy free (no more sneezing and runny nose).

Unfortunately I then had a craving for Muesli (Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli to be exact). I had three bowls on the first day and when I woke up the next day I felt a little bit snuffly but nothing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Continuing the experiment

I thought I would record my new allergy discovery as I like to have something to look back on in future.

I've been suffering from allergy symptoms for about 6 days now and I'm slowly working out what it is. It started with a dry and slightly sore throat and developed into a runny nose and sneezing. I know this sounds like a cold but there are a couple of reasons why I think it's related to allergies or more correctly intolerances. I know that I'm intolerant to milk proteins as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over

Hurrah. My gut has calmed down and I can now eat 'normal' food. I gradually tested a few things like leaving the peel and pips on the courgette and not peeling the carrots and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I had peas with no reaction and I've been having porridge without any adverse affects. So I can happily conclude that my gut is no longer irritated and therefore is not chucking out anything that comes its way. I never thought I would say that it is so nice to be able to eat peas again ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fixing My Leaky Gut - Supplements

The last two days I have introduced and increased some supplements. For a few days I've been taking one capsule of BioKult probiotics and they seem to agree with me so this morning I took two. I've started taking Zinc supplements as they are supposed to help with leaky gut and I've also been taking garlic capsules to help kill off any candida/bugs that might be in my system.

It seems that I need some soluble fibre to keep my system happy and luckily I had some oat bran in the cupboard ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fixing My Leaky Gut - GAPS Intro Day 9, 10 & 11 - Falling Off the Waggon

I fell off the GAPS wagon on Thursday due to a number of things. The main thing was because I was finding it pretty hard going but the excuse was because my cooker had a problem - one of the gas rings' ignition kept sparking so I turned the cooker off just as I was about to poach my next batch of chicken. I was feeling hungry and tired and I hadn't had a BM for a week! - Being on a low residue diet meant that I didn't have anything going through me but it didn't seem right to go that long even ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO