View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. After 2 days of no coffee

Weight down another pound, so today I am 12 stone 4.

Here goes day 3 - am starting to feel the familiar withdrawal pain in the legs, very slightly so far.

Only 2 days in but think it's safe to conclude already that the weight is being released because I have stopped the coffee.

I also don't think it's the supposed insulin releasing effects of caffeine - I am after all still having tea, and I think 4lbs off in 2 days is more than I'd have been able ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Switching to tea

Having made the switch from coffee to tea yesterday (this is a big deal in my world even though it obviously doesn't mean I've gone caffeine free yet) I was pleased to see that I weighed 3lbs less on the scales this morning.

I've decided to record this in a few short blog posts to see what happens over the next few days/weeks. If coffee does turn out to have been keeping me heavier, it will be good to have a record I can look over next time I feel like going back to having it every ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Re-set day 1

Here we go then, day 1. Starting weight, 12 stone 6lbs 6oz. For the full Bridget Jones effect I will disclose 4 glasses of wine last night (only 2 of which were chardonnay!) but don't expect this to be repeated as it is now off the menu. My only non-phase 2 item I will be consuming is caffeinated coffee, which I plan to keep drinking until July.

Off to a good start with 4 rashers of bacon for breakfast. Lunch currently a bit of an unknown but I'm never at risk of making P3 choices ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dr Verner Wheelock's scary statistics

A very phase 3 weekend has got me itching to do a THD hard re-set, but Iíve been thwarted by a ludicrous situation over some Belgian chocolates and a planned drink with an old friend, meaning I will not be good to go with said re-set until Wednesday. I always find major phase 3 diversions leave me longing to get back on track, but what has got me especially fired up this time is Dr Verner Wheelockís excellent book Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake. Honestly it contains very little I havenít read ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO