View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Helping someone you love with health is hard!

Unfortunately, as I have discovered, trying to help someone with health issues can be really hard. I know most would say I need to back off and let hubby make the decisions for himself. However, when his life and yours have become so inextricably linked through work as well as marriage, boy does it become so personal when they won't look after themselves and look to cheat the system as often as they can...

I've been reading some more of the book I bought at the PHC Conference "Diabetes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Just some of my thoughts

Writing this here because it isn't really a post for anyone to follow, just some of my own thoughts written down so they don't burst my head to pieces...

So, we are now 4 weeks in to searching for a new home with now only 6 weeks left till we find ourselves literally without a roof over our heads.

Many things have gone through my mind over these weeks not least that I am glad that my old chappy Zaphod doesn't have to go through this with us. Another move would certainly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Learning to Listen to my body

I don't blog often, but felt this didn't really merit a thread on the forum because it isn't a question or even probably of much interest to anyone else.

Over the past few months I have been doing so many different things and a lot of the time this has meant not being able to eat as I would prefer to. There have been occasions of eating in restaurants, cafes, social gatherings etc and having "options" hasn't been an option! However, instead of simply seeing the negative of all this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Missing in Action

To my shame I have been absent from the forum for way too long

I have been so busy with so many other things over the past couple of months and although I have been keeping principles in mind and not straying too far from the path I have had some bad days and have no been as good as I could have been.

We have had rather a lot of social events to attend and those have meant eating whatever was on offer given that such events are fundraisers and alternative menus often ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Becoming very annoyed with myself!!

So, from March to September I was as good as gold. I lost 21 lbs and never felt better! Down a dress size (which still left a bit to go), but I was very happy with the way things were going. I had plateaued for around 6 to 8 weeks at that point, but I had accepted that and knew if I just stuck to things this would settle and the rest of the weight would go eventually.

However, I have no idea why I lost track but I did

I started to find myself eating things I hadn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO