View RSS Feed

Alison13

1. The French Lieutenant's Woman

After some time - years - of a paralysed combination of insight and the inability to act on it, I seem to be going along quite well. I am now in the 'action phase' and have stopped contemplating making changes and am chugging along with three meals a day.

On a few occasions I have opened the fridge door and stared into it. A wistful longing stirs in me like the French Lieutenants woman at Lyme Regis! Just a fatter older version with no French Lieutenant. I stare for a while - not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pond Life

So...earlier this week, I seem to have evacuated a small garden pond complete with pond life from my body. I felt exhausted and my mind began racing about all the terrible things that might be going on in my body. I have managed to stay completely on plan but alternate between complete obsession with my bowels to rumination about various bodily pains. I read about 'candida die-off' and my symptoms seems to fit. I seem to have 'firmed up' as the week has progressed and things are back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Get Off My Cloud..

I keep hearing the song by the Rolling stones; 'Hey you get off a my cloud'. It seems to fit with my mood. Despite the withdrawals I have been on a pink cloud; yet coming to the end of my second week, I feel as if I have come down to earth. Pink clouding is that early euphoria that a friend in AA talk about, that gives way to the reality that this is a real life style change.

Other people and emotions seem to be crowding in on me at the moment and I am just plodding along. This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Denial is not a river in Egypt

I have completed my first five days. I was not going to do the full detox and was going to sneak coffee into the plan - but decided not to stage a rebellion but to be obedient and trust the Harcombe process. I am often caught between those two polarities on a diet or 'lifestyle change'. Initially obedient but then deciding that I know so much better and then becoming disappointed and returning to my habitual eating. I am moving away from denial and seeing this process of change.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sticky the stick insect - time to unstick

In the words of Blackadder "I am in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun".

I keep losing and gaining the same stone and a half for the last couple of years. I am good at guru hunting and have followed most plans that make me promises. i joined this forum some years ago but have decided to join it again and actually follow the plan properly. Yesterday i signed up and have decided to blog as an experiment and I will follow the community of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO