View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Passion Leads to Purpose

The gorgeous man, who does my garden and dug me a pond (...and saved my dogs from a kidnapper - but thats another story) is not working at the moment. I have been watching the garden 'go triffid' and started trying to find someone to cut it back but felt quite lacklustre at having to go through the quotes process and the air being sucked through teeth.

I mentioned it to my neighbour and he said something quite outrageous. He said; 'why don't you do it'. What mad fool would do that!! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Weighing and Waiting

To weigh or not to weigh that is the question. I am not sure whether to leap on the scales or not. It has been 6 weeks and my trouser size hasn't altered (mind you I wear elasticated ones).

I feel a bit uncertain and today I was staring at the scales. A friend said I look different and my tops are loose, but the weight doesn't seem to be shifting. I know its a lifestyle change and I am so pleased not to be hungry so I am going to keep going. I just feel a bit 'meh'.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Being Happy in Fifteen Minutes

I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That is exactly it, and I use food in a similar way. I wouldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that food kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. I tend to get really cross when others are eating the food that I ...

Updated 2nd June 2018 at 11:05 AM by Alison13

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Holding the Faith

It's been a month since I started the Harcombe plan and I have been faithful - without so much as a slight flirtation with bread or a sneaky furtle of jelly beans. It's difficult holding the faith at the moment as I am not sure how much weight I have lost, yet still feel sure the scales would not be good for my mood.

I am still in phase 1 as I have about four stones to lose and my withdrawals were quite intense, which let me know that I need to be focused given the likelihood of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The French Lieutenant's Woman

After some time - years - of a paralysed combination of insight and the inability to act on it, I seem to be going along quite well. I am now in the 'action phase' and have stopped contemplating making changes and am chugging along with three meals a day.

On a few occasions I have opened the fridge door and stared into it. A wistful longing stirs in me like the French Lieutenants woman at Lyme Regis! Just a fatter older version with no French Lieutenant. I stare for a while - not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO