View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Holding the Faith

It's been a month since I started the Harcombe plan and I have been faithful - without so much as a slight flirtation with bread or a sneaky furtle of jelly beans. It's difficult holding the faith at the moment as I am not sure how much weight I have lost, yet still feel sure the scales would not be good for my mood.

I am still in phase 1 as I have about four stones to lose and my withdrawals were quite intense, which let me know that I need to be focused given the likelihood of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 6 - Pork

I think I am becoming a porkitarian or a porkivore - I have bought so many different varieties of pork products! I got some lovely belly pork at the supermarket this morning and then this afternoon went to my local deli. I was fully intending to get some streaky bacon and two types of sausages but then I saw that they do home made faggots as well so I couldn't resist. I had one once I got home and they are lovely. I did also buy some lamb and lamb liver at the supermarket so I will have a bit ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. After 2 days of no coffee

Weight down another pound, so today I am 12 stone 4.

Here goes day 3 - am starting to feel the familiar withdrawal pain in the legs, very slightly so far.

Only 2 days in but think it's safe to conclude already that the weight is being released because I have stopped the coffee.

I also don't think it's the supposed insulin releasing effects of caffeine - I am after all still having tea, and I think 4lbs off in 2 days is more than I'd have been able ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 5

Today has been a bit more interesting - I can't say it's been up and down as that sounds more drastic than it was but there were some 'feelings' today. This morning was great as I had to go to the supermarket but didn't really feel tempted to buy anything bad so was left with a good feeling. I even walked down the biscuit aisle without feeling the need to grab anything. I noticed that the whole store smelled sweet as though they'd been baking doughnuts or something. However this afternoon I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Switching to tea

Having made the switch from coffee to tea yesterday (this is a big deal in my world even though it obviously doesn't mean I've gone caffeine free yet) I was pleased to see that I weighed 3lbs less on the scales this morning.

I've decided to record this in a few short blog posts to see what happens over the next few days/weeks. If coffee does turn out to have been keeping me heavier, it will be good to have a record I can look over next time I feel like going back to having it every ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 412 123451151101 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO