View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Hidden Carb Awareness!!

Well have I had my eyes opened today or what!

As some of you know from this Monday I am embarking on a "Last Resort Diet" because my weight loss is so dam slow ( 8lb in 12 weeks!!)

So on ZoŽ's advice I am trying this to see if I am one of the people that is "super Carb sensitive" , this plan requires me to consume a maximum of 20grms of carb a day, well that should not be too difficult I thought, after all I don't have carb meals ( brown rice, pasta ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. No more nonsense, the truth will set you free

Remember how last time I weighed in I was at 181? Well, 2 weeks off and my TOTM visiting, today I was 183.4. :(

Not fun. I thought I could "wing it", and add a few cheats here and there.... never really having had a proper Phase 2 week or so. I cannot. I need rules. I need structure. I need to lose at least 10 pounds, and then, another 40.

Today I was back at it, and did a proper mixing phase 2 kind of day. I was hungry a little after lunch, so about ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Curry night

Friday night is curry night!! (well last night) Butternut squash curry.... OMG.... amazing!

I've converted my friend, she's taken the recipe, it was so delicious, I'm sure I'm already speaking to the converted on here. I've never cooked a curry before, it was so simple, it will be a regular on the menu!

Cooked up some pate, that's chilling in the fridge to be enjoyed later with some celery, also made some pea soup, again, very very nice, this really is the rest of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Feeling good!

Ok, so yesterday was a great day, feeling very motivated and received some serious education regarding cholesterol. To say I'm shocked is an understatement! My GP wants to put me on a statin so I am now armed to say no and the reasons why, and if it wasn't for embarking on this new lifestyle I would have just accepted the pills and taken them like a good girl because doctors know best....NOT!!!!

My first day using the forum was very positive and I got some very helpful tips and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Back on track!

Well, the last few days I have not been 100% THD friendly, but I was very aware of everything I put in my mouth. I mostly indulged in fruits and frozen yogurt. Oh, and I got my period 3 days early.

On Monday I went back to Phase 1, but still had a fruit and one more frozen yogurt with m&ms on top. Yesterday I was better, and only veered off with a white peach and 2 figs. I really love fruit! And I know, here, it will be out of season soon, so I'm going to keep to Phase 1 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO