View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 4

I didn't feel so shaky this morning so didn't bother with the blood sugar test. I also haven't felt the dip today so hopefully things are starting to balance out a bit - not sure if they can this quickly but, whatever it is, it meant that I haven't had to resort to another Kiwi although the last one is sitting in the fridge. I sometimes have to laugh at my 'first world problems' of whether to eat a Kiwi or not

B: Bacon, large portabella mushroom (last one), avocado
    L: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Christelle's trials and tribulations

I am still weighing although I am not reporting on it. I do not want to worry about weight this week. I have bigger things to worry about. That being said, I lost after my gain last week, stayed the same for a couple of days and then picked up again yesterday and picked up again this morning.

I have had sausage last night and that always affects me, so I know this is the culprit. Yesterday I did not eat breakfast until 10:30. And then I only ate because I knew we were going out and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 3

Today I felt a bit shaky when I woke up and so tested my blood sugar levels. I was down to 3.4 so no wonder I didn't feel great. I had breakfast - Bacon, mushroom (I've got to use them up) and avocado but even after that I felt so lethargic that I could hardly keep my eyes open and certainly didn't want to move off the sofa. So, I had a Kiwi. I know that fruit is off the menu for P1 but I made sure I waited 2 hrs after breakfast to eat it. I also eat the skin to try to slow down the sugar absorption. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Back Yet Again

I'm like a bouncing ball, a great big bouncing ball and I always end up rolling back to Harcombe.

It served me well once before, way back in May 2012 when I signed up for the first time, almost got me back on track three years ago when I rejoined and now, here I am heavier than ever. My get up and go has got up and gone and I want to start out again a fresher, brighter, slimmer version of the wonderful me I know I can be.

In general life my mindset in great, brilliant ...

Updated 23rd May 2018 at 06:01 PM by sue15cat

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  5. Blood Sugar Monitor

After a couple of stressful weeks at work and falling off the waggon (AGAIN!) I am more determined than ever to get back to it. Having said that, I'm easing into it as you will see from my menu choices.

Yesterday I treated myself to a blood glucose monitor as I've never had any sort of test at the Drs. I'm glad to say that I haven't had to visit a doctor for more years than I can remember. I was slightly worried that, with all my choc, buscuits and cake as well as some weight gain ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO