Blog Comments

Please put away your blood sugar monitor - it's nit necessary unless you're a diabetic and I believe it's influencing you to eat non THD. Yes you may feel wobbly for a few days when yiu eventually do P1, but that's getting over tgev3 conditions which you'll not do if you're drip feeding yourself. Zoe recommends 3-4 hours between carb and fat meals.
    Try fried bacon and eggs for breakfast with a tomato, perfect P1 brekkie.
    Congratulations on losing 2 lbs !
    Just be careful with adding bits in just because they are there, a friend once suggested that all I was doing was pouring things down the drain by pouring them through me first - same result, but one way I put on weight, and one I didnít. The waste not want not brigade have a lot to answer for
    Thanks for all the welcomes folks

2nd Alto - The best companion plants that I've found for Broccoli are Rosemary, Onions and Garlic ... and I use Marigolds all over in my tunnels and veggie patch, a splash of colour, food for the beneficial insects and the pests absolutely hate the smell, I'm not keen either but the benefits outweigh the pong ;-)
    Welcome back Sue! Sorry you've been having so many problems with what you can and can't eat but fish, eggs and home grown veg are a very good start. I wonder if a good quality pro biotic would help you at all? I don't know much about them but from what I've read the ingredient to look for is Lactobacillus rhamnosus .... just a thought. Anyway lovely to see you back and if you know any good "companion" plants to discourage cabbage white moths from the growing broccoli - I'd love to know!
    You know you're in the right place so welcome back. When you accept that this is your way of eating for the rest of your life you'll be totally sucessful.
    Sue welcome back.

Being almost vegan you've set yourself a very hard task, but you say you eat fish and eggs so you can have good quality protein daily.

I'd strongly advise against soy products as they're not that healthy. You can however make acceptable yoghurt from coconut cream as long as it doesn't contain any nasties.
    Welcome Sue. I am sure this is going to be your best one ever
    Welcome home Sue xx
    Hi Sue, I'm right with you Sue - currently at my heaviest non-pregnant weight ever.

I'm on day 3 today. (and don't I know about it!)

Welcome back - keep up the good work!
    Welcome back Sue. I hope your fresh start goes well on 1 June.
    Well done for climbing back on to the wagon. I hope your blood glucose monitor shows you readings which you are happy with and that you lose the weight you had put on quickly.
    I completely agree with both RM and Gilli.
    You cannot give what you do not have. How are you going to give love and support if you cannot move around and do things for yourself? And you can only do things for yourself if you learn to look after yourself. Your health is of utter importance, not just for you but especially to those close to you
    It really bugs me when people push food on someone who says they don't want it. I feel like saying would you push alcohol on an alcoholic who says no. As you can see I feel strongly about this.
    You need to take of your health first and others feelings second. After all in the aircraft safety briefings oparents are asked to put their masks on before those of children.
    Celia you have such good insight into your thought processes with the social situations problem. I am not an advocate of riding rough-shod over other peoples needs, but their need to feed you cake is less important than your need to eat something (or nothing) other than cake. Where it really cannot make a difference to the other people whether you partake or not then do what you need to do most (which in my view is generally to politely decline to partake).

If you perceive the situation arising in an event in the near future speak firmly but politely to the host, or planner, or provider of provisions and say that you are finding that certain foods do not agree with you and tell them what you can eat or drink or suggest that you bring your own. If necessary tell them that you are following Dr Harcombe's recommendations. Sometimes it feels awkward to raise such matters, but to suffer the feelings of unwellness which follow giving in for the sake of politeness is unnecessary and the people to whom you are being polite would probably feel mortified if they knew.
    I love being odd Harcombe style. I know what you mean about staring in the fridge - not hunger just boredom in my case.

Now you've made me want to read the Frech Lieutenant's woman.
    Thanks fellow Harcombers! I shall keep ploughing on x
    I take great delight in eating things that appear to be so “not on a diet” when out at work, just makes me smile as they all sit with their ham salads, as I tuck into cheesy vegetable mash with salmon :-)
    Alison, in that regard, we are all strange with, according to others, strange eating habits but it works and that at the end of the day is all we need.
    Wot Linda said. You are rocking this.
    Ah Alison, I think you're wonderful - keep going - plough your own Harcombe furrow to health xx
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO