View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The French Lieutenant's Woman

After some time - years - of a paralysed combination of insight and the inability to act on it, I seem to be going along quite well. I am now in the 'action phase' and have stopped contemplating making changes and am chugging along with three meals a day.

On a few occasions I have opened the fridge door and stared into it. A wistful longing stirs in me like the French Lieutenants woman at Lyme Regis! Just a fatter older version with no French Lieutenant. I stare for a while - not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Re-set day 1

Here we go then, day 1. Starting weight, 12 stone 6lbs 6oz. For the full Bridget Jones effect I will disclose 4 glasses of wine last night (only 2 of which were chardonnay!) but don't expect this to be repeated as it is now off the menu. My only non-phase 2 item I will be consuming is caffeinated coffee, which I plan to keep drinking until July.

Off to a good start with 4 rashers of bacon for breakfast. Lunch currently a bit of an unknown but I'm never at risk of making P3 choices ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dr Verner Wheelock's scary statistics

A very phase 3 weekend has got me itching to do a THD hard re-set, but Iíve been thwarted by a ludicrous situation over some Belgian chocolates and a planned drink with an old friend, meaning I will not be good to go with said re-set until Wednesday. I always find major phase 3 diversions leave me longing to get back on track, but what has got me especially fired up this time is Dr Verner Wheelockís excellent book Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake. Honestly it contains very little I havenít read ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pond Life

So...earlier this week, I seem to have evacuated a small garden pond complete with pond life from my body. I felt exhausted and my mind began racing about all the terrible things that might be going on in my body. I have managed to stay completely on plan but alternate between complete obsession with my bowels to rumination about various bodily pains. I read about 'candida die-off' and my symptoms seems to fit. I seem to have 'firmed up' as the week has progressed and things are back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Steady away

Well April came and went as a partial success, too many nights out really and although i managed to eat well, I still struggle to say no to having a drink on a night out.

April is my most stressful month too, but this year i managed to resist all the little traps which usually result in grabbing chocolate for a short term boost.

May however has been much better, not without its glitches, but i have really picked up the routine of eating this way again with the result ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 410 123451151101 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO