Blog Comments

I agree with you about carb meals - I enjoy a mushroom rissoto at lunch time, even though it has parmesan on it, 2 hours later I'm looking for food and I know dinner isnt for another 3 hours.
    You've had a P3 weekend, so if you get back to a strict P2 for the weekdays that'll help.
    [QUOTE=roseymary;bt18090]Congratulations on a lovely P3 wedding anniversary.
    My very first target wasn't weight - it was to fit into an outfit I'd purchased for my nephew's wedding 6 months and a winter in between. So do you have a favourite outfit lurking in your wardrobe that's too tight. Set your target on fitting into that. Perhaps say to yourself "I eat P2 foods with very the occasional P3 day until I fit into xxxx" and then when you get there you can perhaps rest your target to another outfit or dress size.[/QUOTE]

I do have quite a few favourites which I am now comfortable in. At the moment even with dalliances into P3 I'm doing well but I know my real test will be my holiday in August so I want to make this way of eating a habit that I do it without thought before then. I'll keep plugging away.
    [QUOTE=Christelle;bt18088]Happy wedding anniversary and welcome to the THD family for life.
    It is not a competition to see who can loose the most in the quickest time. We do what we can in the time we have. I have the next 40-60 years to loose the extra weight, if I go slow, that is ok. Why? Because I am loving me for who I am now. Even with a bit of extra weight...
    BOOM BABY!!![/QUOTE]
    Me too Christelle, me too.
    [QUOTE=Gilli;bt18086]Three cheers Alison. Welcome to the Harcombe way of life done your way for your health and happiness. Happy Wedding Anniversary for Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gilli.
    Thanks Gilli and Roseymary. Yes Roseymary, my son isn't that interested in loads of biscuits and chocolate so I didn't buy any. The odd thing is that I found myself making rock cakes! Bizarre. I felt a rising panic yesterday as I could feel myself slipping into the abyss of carbs...carb-ys. It is a very odd psychological pull to eat things that will make me feel awful?! However managed to wobble less and went back to cooking the Harcombe way. Today I am going to get back to the structure. I agree with you Gilli - only I can have influence over my goal weight and I will give it my best shot.
    Updated Yesterday at 06:30 AM by Alison13
    I hope you enjoy building the new "adult relationship" with your son. Although he will always be your son as you say he is a self-sufficient grown man now and the dynamics of the interactions will change.

Take a deep breath whilst he is away for the weekend and re-commit to eating only at meal-times and not snacking between. Only you can control whether you meet your weight-goal this year, so if I were you I'd give it my best shot.
    Ask your son if he wants the tasty snacks, as I thought you said he was willing to eat what you did. Our way of eating is so delicious that he'd most absolutely delighted with our style of eating. Don't let your desire to love and cherish your son be an excuse to buy stuff for yourself that you've been hankering after.

My only tip is throw the snacks away NOW. And put your mind to creating a great dinner for when he comes home. And don't forget the strawberries and cream for dessert.
    Congratulations !
    Congratulations on a lovely P3 wedding anniversary.
    My very first target wasn't weight - it was to fit into an outfit I'd purchased for my nephew's wedding 6 months and a winter in between. So do you have a favourite outfit lurking in your wardrobe that's too tight. Set your target on fitting into that. Perhaps say to yourself "I eat P2 foods with very the occasional P3 day until I fit into xxxx" and then when you get there you can perhaps rest your target to another outfit or dress size.
    Happy wedding anniversary and welcome to the THD family for life.
    It is not a competition to see who can loose the most in the quickest time. We do what we can in the time we have. I have the next 40-60 years to loose the extra weight, if I go slow, that is ok. Why? Because I am loving me for who I am now. Even with a bit of extra weight...
    BOOM BABY!!!
    Three cheers Alison. Welcome to the Harcombe way of life done your way for your health and happiness. Happy Wedding Anniversary for Thursday.
    I'm very envious - we lived in our Motorhome full time for two years some years ago - going round Australia - and loved it. Though much easier in Australia as it hardly ever rains! We had sold our house (partly to dissuade the "children" from moving back home again) and just lived "on the wallaby" as they call it here. Eventually we decided to settle down again and after a few years sold the motorhome. Now I think Australia is full of Grey Nomads.. we had some amazing free camps on beaches and beside creeks though I suspect it is getting harder and harder to "free camp" now. And not all of our camps were perfect either! As Gilli and Rosey said, prob not worth getting upset about. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better.
    No, just Gloucestershire , thenBristol next then either home or a bit further SW
    Depends on the weather really
    That's very tough to have your OH change so dramatically, as Gilli said, just grin and put up with it and you're not going to effect any change now.
    You have my sympathies Celia. Humourous resignation is probably the best approach and is easier to achieve if you are able to be in control of your own food and drink intake. Have a lovely bike ride. Are you in Cornwall at the moment, or did I imagine that?
    That's a lekker potjie!
    It is sometimes the best to let DD (and other children) battle a bit because then they realise that what you put in is what you get out but when that bit becomes too much we try (and have to) step in.
    Hope the "company" you had with dinner didn't look the food of your plate into his mouth...
    Well done on the OH front!
    Well done on sticking to P2. Your training of OH had paid dividends - great job.
    On reflection the course was good and I learned something. As for the cheese it is pre-packed 20g portions. I definitely could eat more but old habits hold me back (cheese = fat = bad) but also I don't think I need to eat more as I'm not particularly hungry in between meals.
    Amazon and asian shops also sell a brand called TRS. BUT...there are various labels wiyh some listing just coconut and water, while others include guar gum, and stabilizers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=trs+coconut+milk&client=tablet-android-samsung&source=android-browser&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWjJXH3eLbAhXqKMAKHXCwAp8Q_AUICigC&biw=768&bih=1024
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO