View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 22May

Another good day yesterday so getting back on track. Just thinking about when I will start making progress though, but will try to banish those thoughts.
    Next I have to tackle / come to terms with doing the right thing for me rather than bowing to social pressure , especially when people are ‘ doing things to please’/ trying to be helpful/ done out of love etc as I find these situations the most difficult. My upbringing was most definitely not about thinking of one’s own needs. They were ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The French Lieutenant's Woman

After some time - years - of a paralysed combination of insight and the inability to act on it, I seem to be going along quite well. I am now in the 'action phase' and have stopped contemplating making changes and am chugging along with three meals a day.

On a few occasions I have opened the fridge door and stared into it. A wistful longing stirs in me like the French Lieutenants woman at Lyme Regis! Just a fatter older version with no French Lieutenant. I stare for a while - not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Re-set day 1

Here we go then, day 1. Starting weight, 12 stone 6lbs 6oz. For the full Bridget Jones effect I will disclose 4 glasses of wine last night (only 2 of which were chardonnay!) but don't expect this to be repeated as it is now off the menu. My only non-phase 2 item I will be consuming is caffeinated coffee, which I plan to keep drinking until July.

Off to a good start with 4 rashers of bacon for breakfast. Lunch currently a bit of an unknown but I'm never at risk of making P3 choices ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dr Verner Wheelock's scary statistics

A very phase 3 weekend has got me itching to do a THD hard re-set, but I’ve been thwarted by a ludicrous situation over some Belgian chocolates and a planned drink with an old friend, meaning I will not be good to go with said re-set until Wednesday. I always find major phase 3 diversions leave me longing to get back on track, but what has got me especially fired up this time is Dr Verner Wheelock’s excellent book Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake. Honestly it contains very little I haven’t read ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Pond Life

So...earlier this week, I seem to have evacuated a small garden pond complete with pond life from my body. I felt exhausted and my mind began racing about all the terrible things that might be going on in my body. I have managed to stay completely on plan but alternate between complete obsession with my bowels to rumination about various bodily pains. I read about 'candida die-off' and my symptoms seems to fit. I seem to have 'firmed up' as the week has progressed and things are back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 410 123451151101 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO