Blog Comments

On reflection the course was good and I learned something. As for the cheese it is pre-packed 20g portions. I definitely could eat more but old habits hold me back (cheese = fat = bad) but also I don't think I need to eat more as I'm not particularly hungry in between meals.
    Amazon and asian shops also sell a brand called TRS. BUT...there are various labels wiyh some listing just coconut and water, while others include guar gum, and stabilizers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=trs+coconut+milk&client=tablet-android-samsung&source=android-browser&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWjJXH3eLbAhXqKMAKHXCwAp8Q_AUICigC&biw=768&bih=1024
    If you go for coconut milk Amazon sell Grace coconut milk in litre packs and that doesn't have any nasties. I use it for making kefir but I imagine it would also work for yogurt.
    Sorry I meant coconut cream.
    Heat coconut cream to body temperature, stir in culture (you can use tbs live nly or probiotic capsule cvontents).
    Put in a sterile jar and cover. Put in a warm place to do it's stuff. An airing cupboard would be ideal but I know they're disappearing in the UK.
    It wont be thick but it will be youghurt with a mild coconut flavour.
    Look for coconut milk in Asian/ oriental markets. There are several brands that are just about additive free. Another option is to make the milk from coconut cream. M & S do a small tin for 1...its really thick so you add water to it.
    Can't post a link here...will do on your thread.
    Updated Today at 10:46 AM by grumbleweed
    Thank you I'll try that whenIm back, although toast time I looked cans of coconut milk appeared to have lots of additives!
    Celia most commercial ones have a thickner in them such as tapioca flour. Try making your own from two cans of coconut milk and a starters (I use a table spoonful of nly initially), and incubate in a warm area. It's not thick like cows nly but delicious.
    [QUOTE]I know Sue, but it is a process and we have to work through it[/QUOTE]

i do understand that Christelle and having been through something similar (though thank goodness we didn't actually SEE our burglars) - I know it will take quite a long time. And it will probably leave a mark - you will be less trusting, possibly a bit more fearful. But your attitude will stand you in good stead. Sending hugs xxx
    Christelle that's the spirit. But don't be cross with yourself as you were knocked sideways for a day. The important thing is you've realised that it's not what people do but how you react to them. People take a life time to realise that you you did it in a day.
    You have an admirable handle on the underlying psychology Christelle. I will be cheering you on from the touch-line whilst you as a family not only defeat the other team but eliminate them from the stadium and get them relegated to a division in a lower league.

Don't be cross with yourself. None of this was of your making and now you have your game plan all sorted. xx
    Good to know your dog communicates well with you Alison.

Was the 40g cheese perhaps a pre-packed portion?

Spending time with the family especially centred round a meal is so important for social health and wellness for all of you.
    I know Sue, but it is a process and we have to work through it.
    Yessss! Well done Christelle, that's the spirit!
    Rotti does the same thing and if you ignore her, then she "talks" to you. She sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars...
    Sounds a great change from work. My only comment on your menu is why are you weighing anything. 40g of cheese is a very small amount in my book, I hope it was satisfying.
    Sorry to hear this Christelle. Anything like this is so unnerving. We were burgled twice when I was a child and living in London and the again in 2007. It was awful knowing someone had been through all my things and the fact that the burglar was caught and imprisomed didn't make it any better. I feel for you.
    Oh Christelle, what an awful experience. Try to stay in touch on the forum -there is lots of support here for you. Food wise; try to chill and to follow your instinct. Everything will come right again.
    Oh, that's terrible Christelle. I too have experienced burglary...when I was younger and lived on my own, and later when ex and I had moved into a new house. It's a terribly invasive experience that leaves its effects for a good while. Get those fat meals in you. They will go a long way in helping you to recover mentally. xx
    Christelle that's really an awful experience for you to suffer. I fully understand that you feel terrible, but as Gilli said, P3 is about sensible cheating, and do you want to regain the weight you've lost this year by just eating junk so called comfort food that won't make you feel good long term.
    Christelle, sending you a big hug.

That sounds really horrid and scary.

We have also been burgled once at our old house but did not see the actual thieves and the fear of that happening again but worse gave me many sleepless nights. The cost of repairing the damage to the window was far higher than the value of what they stole but we discovered they had been hiding out in the garden (there was a flattened out patch in the shrubbery) waiting for us to go to bed before breaking in. Our younger daughter was really shaken and I had to make her some thicker curtains before she felt safe in her own bedroom again.

What you are feeling at the moment is a totally normal reaction to a frightening event. Taking a step into P3 when you feel that weightloss is not the priority is a sensible decision but remember that to maintain means not cheating too much and not cheating too often so don't go wild and make sure you only eat the P3 foods you enjoy rather than everything is sight because you can.

As Sue said, stay in touch. xx
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO