View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Back on the wagon again

I have decided that I am not allowed into a Supermarket for the next few months! All my shopping will be done online. I am also going to start mindfulness again to try and stop mindlessly buying cr*p. I know that when I am at home I don't fancy cake/chocolate but as soon as I step inside a supermarket I can't resist buying it and then of course eating it. It's as though some sort of wall appears in my brain which keeps out any rational thoughts. So, I am putting a ban on all supermarkets until ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. June 14th

As far as I'm concerned afternoon tea was a roaring success. Yes it was P3, but I didn't pig out, I only had a small amount of the prosecco, went to my exercise class later and then had an evening P2 meal of mussels & prawns in garlic butter plus the small tub of Rodda's clotted cream that was in the doggy box. Hurrah.

My next hurdle now is... tomorrow. DH is taking me out to lunch for a birthday/anniversary celebration. As it's lunch it should be easier to manage than afternoon ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. June 13th

Another day at work so I bought my usual food with me but shook things up a bit by having the king prawns for breakfast instead of the chicken. The prawns were actually nicer in the morning than they are at lunchtime as they're colder. I had my usual cherry tomatoes and a little cheese too. For lunch I had another small chunk of cheese, some NLY and some cherry tomatoes but couldn't face the chicken.

The chicken went in the dog when I got in and I had steak and buttered veg for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. June 12th

Iíve had a really long day at work and was worrried that I would be hungry and might end up grazing. I started the day with chicken breast. It comes in a pot from Morrisons and is 100% chicken with nothing added. Itís not particularly exciting but I do find it filling and often struggle to finish it. It is however dry so I have it with cherry tomatoes and that seems to work well for me when I am at work.

Lunch was king prawns, some mini cheese blocks and NLY and dinner was a chicken ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A message to my future self

Having never even so much as kept a diary I am at the age of 52 (today) starting my first blog.

I'm doing it because I have found keeping a track of my progress by posting in threads really helps and I want to be able to look back at my entries if and when things get hard.

I have since the age of 19 been on a diet. I have tried many different types including the usuals like SW and WW. One diet I tried was called 'Stop The Insanity' by Susan Powter. It was a diet ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO