View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Being Happy in Fifteen Minutes

I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That is exactly it, and I use food in a similar way. I wouldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that food kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. I tend to get really cross when others are eating the food that I ...

Updated 2nd June 2018 at 11:05 AM by Alison13

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 11

My energy is back which is a relief as it means that I can get on a do things. As it was sunny today I did a few hours of gardening and topped up my Vit D. However yesterday I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep again which meant that I felt tired all day. I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that I've been eating garlic which might have caused some die off but I felt really peckish all day. After meals I felt full but just couldn't stop looking for food. So, I decided to give myself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. No coffee - day X

Don't actually know how many days it is now, around a week I think. Generally speaking, I feel much better. A bit more alert, in control of my own brain, more cheerful, calmer. I am aware that I'm still addicted to caffeine itself which I'm getting from the tea, but far less severely. So, I still feel better after a cup of tea in the morning, but I can nevertheless function pretty well before I've had it, as opposed to when I was on coffee and struggled to get up, and then pretty much had to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 9 - Porridge

Everything is ticking along nicely and I'm still amazed at the difference between how it's gone this time and how I felt last time I tried to get back on track. It has really made me realise that I need to avoid stress as it obviously sends me spiralling into bad eating habits.

I thought I'd try porridge for breakfast today. I always used to have it until I became intolerant - it caused me to have an itchy throat and sneeze but I seem to be OK now. I won't have it every day just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 5 of no coffee

I think it's day 5 anyway! Brief blog to record progress for my future reference.

There have been some withdrawal pains but they are actually 100 times milder than they were last time I gave up. Perhaps it's because this time I've only been a daily coffee drinker for 2 months, whereas last time it would have been more like 10 years. There is a twinge in my lower back on standing, but it passes quickly. I'd imagine today or tomorrow will be the last day of these pains. No other ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO