Blog Comments

Yes, you will soon be back on track. Carb addiction is a bugger. Enjoy your family. You have come so far, and we're all here rooting for you x
    What a shame Christelle to be derailed by high carb veggies. I'm like you they make me crave more. Enjoy Mum and know youll soon be back on track
    Oh so sorry ,Christelle. You are doing so well and are such an inspiration and support.I would make something different for myself. I know it is hard but you will feel so much better. Remember, though to be kind to yourself, and whatever you decide , it is only for a few days. Focus on enjoying seeing your Mum, celebrate time to together and focus on how far you have come.
    I think you are amazing!
    My OH will only eat his veg raw - he takes a selection of the following to work every day: sweet pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, pak choi, swede, sugar snap peas, Brussels sprouts, carrots, baby courgette, cauliflower... etc. If he doesn’t want cooked veg with a meal, I will do him a small bowlful as above, which he has as a starter. It’s not that onerous to do, and everyone is happy!
    It is a tough one Christelle, but important not to let it spoil a nice family occasion. Perhaps just quietly making lower carb veg for yourself and avoiding the higher carb ones which you serve to the others is the way to go (albeit a difficult path at times).

But also I agree with what Linda says.
    Thank you Linda. It has been good spending time with mom too.
    And knowing what causes the issue also helps. Looking forward to be eating my way again soon
    So sorry Christelle .

Don't beat yourself up, be kind to yourself. You know this is a short term issue. Try and stay as close to good as possible. You'll get a clean re-charge soon and your body and weight will love you for it xx
    I too really like your idea of your small changes! Well done for keeping your meals on track
    It sounds like you are doing really well, given the work load at min. Well done for avoiding rhe chocolate fridge. That would be my potential downfall too!

Isn't it great being able to look at menus online now? It does make it easier. We have a favourite restaurant, and i was looking at their menu yesterday. They do not do a single starter without grains! Very disappointing, given that at min im not eating dessert either. Luckily our local Prezzo does better
    Thanks Rosey. Haven’t felt any ill effects but I’m trying not to make it a habit - I’m planning to stick to sparkling water with lots of ice and chunks of lime at home, and keep alcohol to an absolute minimum - the odd small glass of red wine if out with friends.
    Wine isn't ideal at the start but there are way more off plan cheats than that, so here's hoping you can have a good long period on plan and year end continues smoothly.
    Hi Celia, love the idea of small positive actions - I think I’ll adopt that too if you don’t mind.

Keep on keeping on
    Celia, just keep doing the positive little thing you have started and before you know it, it will be second nature to you.
    You do not have to change the world in one go, just keep chipping away at it. It (and you) are worth it
    Celia you are making some very important changes in your attitude to life, which is after all made up of lots of versions of the every day ordinary things all put together to make the whole. Your pleasurable anticipation of enjoying the sunshine and having a BBQ are lovely to behold.

I find that eating the Harcombe way really is the gateway to enjoying all aspects of life more, whatever cards we have been dealt. I suspect you are finding something similar
    Google the word diet in a dictionary and you should fine the definition " the way a person habitually eats" so if you think of the Harcombe way of eating as your life time "diet" it becomes much easier.
    And of course welcome back and keep blogging, it's a really powerful tool.
    I hear you about the positivity and energy levels rising. It's a great feeling isn't it? At 10 days in you are over the worst, and very well done on the 4lbs lost.

I know just what you mean about the point of no return. I have just turned 51, and I have felt in the last couple of years that I'm still capable of most things, but if I don't get on with them now it'll be harder to start later. Applies to any age I guess.
    Well done for losing 4lb since re-starting, and even more congratulations on beginning to feel better.

You may have to stop thinking of THD as a "diet" you are on at the moment and re-frame it as the way you eat now. There is nothing to stop your husband continuing to mix his carbs and fats for meals you eat together but it will be easier for you if he supports your endeavours to keep them separate for yourself.

The trip to Canada is a real incentive to improve your sense of well-being and ability to be active so keep posting and blogging and all the lovely people on the forum will cheer your progress along.
    Christelle revel in the weight loss now you're expecting to be on that downward trend rather than being in " my happy place" it's all working for you. Very well done you've really done so well to get down from that plateau. Saying no to nuts is part of that fantastic journey.
    Really happy for you Christelle, both on the weightloss and on the self-control.
    Amazing achievement over the nuts Christelle - we'll done that woman!

I think you are getting the weightloss you have worked so hard to achieve. That it doesn't always come when one thinks it should, is almost a norm of THD. Provided you feel well in yourself then enjoy the long awaited fruits of your labour.

Really happy for you Christelle xx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO