View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Dr Verner Wheelock's scary statistics

A very phase 3 weekend has got me itching to do a THD hard re-set, but Iíve been thwarted by a ludicrous situation over some Belgian chocolates and a planned drink with an old friend, meaning I will not be good to go with said re-set until Wednesday. I always find major phase 3 diversions leave me longing to get back on track, but what has got me especially fired up this time is Dr Verner Wheelockís excellent book Healthy Eating: The Big Mistake. Honestly it contains very little I havenít read ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pond Life

So...earlier this week, I seem to have evacuated a small garden pond complete with pond life from my body. I felt exhausted and my mind began racing about all the terrible things that might be going on in my body. I have managed to stay completely on plan but alternate between complete obsession with my bowels to rumination about various bodily pains. I read about 'candida die-off' and my symptoms seems to fit. I seem to have 'firmed up' as the week has progressed and things are back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Steady away

Well April came and went as a partial success, too many nights out really and although i managed to eat well, I still struggle to say no to having a drink on a night out.

April is my most stressful month too, but this year i managed to resist all the little traps which usually result in grabbing chocolate for a short term boost.

May however has been much better, not without its glitches, but i have really picked up the routine of eating this way again with the result ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Christelle's trials and tribulations

Weigh in: 87.9 2kg above LL

Ok, I am not doing so well at the moment. I thought I could do a phase 1 reset with Brie but I fell flat on my face with that one. Sorry Brie, I really wanted to but my heart was not in it. I am still not in the right place to do a proper phase1 so I'll do the best phase2 I can manage.

I think things have changed in my eating patterns again. This is what makes the diet unbelievably difficult for me. The goalposts move. When I started THD, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Get Off My Cloud..

I keep hearing the song by the Rolling stones; 'Hey you get off a my cloud'. It seems to fit with my mood. Despite the withdrawals I have been on a pink cloud; yet coming to the end of my second week, I feel as if I have come down to earth. Pink clouding is that early euphoria that a friend in AA talk about, that gives way to the reality that this is a real life style change.

Other people and emotions seem to be crowding in on me at the moment and I am just plodding along. This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO