View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. June 18th

A good day food-wise. Breakfast was my usual chicken and tomatoes, lunch my usual prawns and NLY with 40g cheddar and dinner was a chicken thigh salad and a small bowl of raspberries and cream. Drinks were only decaf coffee and water.

I went to my exercise class and got through it ok although I am finding breathing more difficult. Then I had to sit through the football with DH. I used to love football, watching and playing but now it leaves me cold so before it finished I went ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. June 17th

I woke this morning after a lovely long sleep. It being Father's Day DDs had bought their dad biscuits and chocolates that were duly opened at breakfast. I abstained and ate my bacon and egg & NLY instead. We didn't have lunch but instead went for a walk - DDs didn't join us, I suppose presents and a card are more than I should expect given how things have been lately. Anyway we ended up at bar / restaurant. It's a nice place with live music at the weekends. We had intended to have a coffee ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Christelle's trials and tribulations (*warning, quite a rant!)

I am feeling quite frustrated today. And it has nothing to do with me or the food choices I have made. It is my SiL. Some will remember she wanted to start THD a while ago and that she actually started. It didn't last long and she fell back to her old ways. Now, everytime she sees me she comes up with a different excuse as to why she cannot do it. About a month ago, it was because they do not earn enough for her to eat this way. It is too expensive (not thinking how much the medical bills cost). ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Passion Leads to Purpose

The gorgeous man, who does my garden and dug me a pond (...and saved my dogs from a kidnapper - but thats another story) is not working at the moment. I have been watching the garden 'go triffid' and started trying to find someone to cut it back but felt quite lacklustre at having to go through the quotes process and the air being sucked through teeth.

I mentioned it to my neighbour and he said something quite outrageous. He said; 'why don't you do it'. What mad fool would do that!! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. June 16th

So yesterday was a complete success on the food front. I started with egg and bacon for breakfast. We then headed out for our celebratory lunch at a French restaurant we know. I had oysters to start, steak and salad and a cheese board. Perfect. The only problem was that I had too much wine and ended up feeling pretty ropey - my alcohol tolerance levels have definitely fallen.

On waking today I still didn't feel great so breakfast was a small piece of cheese and some sparkling ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO