View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Phase 3 Here I Come

I am pleased that I managed to get rid of another pound over the weekend even though I caved in on the Hobnobs I think that I am around my natural weight now as it is a weight that I maintained for quite a few years. My BMI is 21.9 so I am happy with that. I just need to make sure that I keep eating for good health and not think that I can afford to cheat too often just because I am at a good weight. For vanity reasons I would like to get rid of another couple of pounds but if it doesn't happen ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Back on Track

My new Phase 1 with a bit of P2 has got me back on track. However, I haven't got scales where I'm staying so I won't be able to weigh myself for a couple of days. I know that there is the theory that you shouldn't weigh every day, but I find it helps me keep control of my eating and in these early days it helps me work out what affects my weight even if it's hormones rather than food. Without the scales I find it easier to kid myself that if I eat something bad it won't make a difference but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Back in Control

It's soooo easy to open the door to the sugar monster and end up with him stomping all over your lovely weight loss. I had a few days where I was really busy and really tired and ended up going for the comfort options - at one point this included a rocky road cake bar covered in hot custard followed by a packet of biscuits! I was pleased that my sugar tollerace was lower than before - the packet of biscuits more than satisfied the craving whereas previously it wouldn't have been enough. I know ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sugar Monster Knocking at the Door

The sugar monster was really sneaky the other day. I have a flat that I rent out as a holiday home and when the people left they left a carton of rice milk. I was a bit thirsty so before I chucked it away I thought that I might as well have a bit. I checked the ingredients and made sure that it hadn't been sweetened. But.. it tasted really sweet. After a couple of gulps I looked at the nutrition part of the label and noticed that it was high in natural sugars!!! I tipped the rest of it down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Aaaarrrgggghhhh! You cannot be serious!

Recently I had become very anxious as a lot of bad stuff was happening at work. One of my friends went to a hypnotherapist who told her she needed to cut right back on her carbs, eat more fat and cut her carbs to just leafy veg, berries, cook real food from scratch and so forth. "Well," I thought, "that's a turn up for the books". I checked out her website and she treats anxiety with hypnosis as well as the usual suspects so I booked a session with her, primarily for my anxiety. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO