View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. One Month Review

I can't believe that it's only been a month on THD as it seems so much longer. Over the last month I have changed my way of eating, managed to maintain my weight loss and feel so much healthier for it. I feel clear headed and have the fabled more energy and just generally feel brighter (and lighter). I'm sort of in P3 but experimenting with how it goes.

I've used up all the pages in my Food Diary so I'm going to use this blog to keep track - and hopefully I'll be able to be as ...

Updated 31st October 2015 at 11:23 PM by HealthyStart

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's a Big Learning Curve

I've learned another couple of lessons, or had a couple of things confirmed. Yesterday I had the feeling that I wasn't eating enough. I can sometimes tell that I haven't had enough as I obviously feel a bit hungry but it also seems to make me feel a bit hyper. I couldn't get to sleep last night and felt as though I could run a mile. When I went on the scales this morning I'd lost another pound. As strange as it may seem, I'm not overjoyed at that loss, because I know that if I lose weight too ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Read it and Weep - But Big Smiles Now.

Today I looked back at my food diary which I have been keeping since June this year and some of it feels strange to read as it's like it is another person. My problem has always been with sugar and although I use THD to get rid of the weight, it's only half a stone, I use it more to get on top of my sugar addiction.

The day I decided to make the change (6th June 2015) I wrote:
    "This has got to stop. My eating is out of control. Yesterday I had a complete binge day. It started ...
    Tags: sugar
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tiredness Kills

I know that title may be a little dramatic, but when driving down the motorway yesterday I was reminded of the signs you used to get telling you to pull over and take a break. Well, I've come to realise that one of the main things that means I make bad choices is tiredness and that coupled with lack of planning (as I'm too tired to think ahead) has meant some strange eating patterns over the past couple of days.

I had travelled down to London for the evening and wanted to grab ...

Updated 23rd October 2015 at 12:43 PM by HealthyStart

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Learning to Listen to my body

I don't blog often, but felt this didn't really merit a thread on the forum because it isn't a question or even probably of much interest to anyone else.

Over the past few months I have been doing so many different things and a lot of the time this has meant not being able to eat as I would prefer to. There have been occasions of eating in restaurants, cafes, social gatherings etc and having "options" hasn't been an option! However, instead of simply seeing the negative of all this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO