• Categories

• Club Members Area RSS Feed

Published on 13th June 2016 06:45 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Health

The inaugural Public Health Collaboration conference

Saturday 11th June 2016 was the inaugural conference for the newly formed Public Health Collaboration (PHC). PHC has been set up by Sam Feltham, a former personal trainer who has closed down his profitable “Smash the fat” organisation to focus on running PHC as a crowd funded charity. The conference sold out a few weeks ago and there was a waiting list of over 40 people who will hopefully book earlier next year (and the venue will be larger)!

Published on 6th June 2016 07:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Health

World Milk Day

Since 2001, the 1st of June has been World Milk Day. I’ve never noticed it before. The joy of twitter is that things like this trend and then we become aware of them. The day is organised and promoted by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO). The date was chosen because a number of countries were apparently celebrating a National Milk Day of some sorts around this date, so the FAO has provided leadership to join the events together.

1. Categories:
    2. Recipes-Phase 1 Meals,
    3. Recipes-Phase 2 Fat Meals

Loaded BaconLoaded Bacon

Bacon isn’t just for breakfast. These loaded bacon strips are delicious served as the main part of a lunchbox or as a healthy and tasty snack to keep in the fridge, just in case. ...
    Published on 30th May 2016 07:00 PM

Resolving confusion with dietary advice

Last Monday’s note was about a press release: “Eat Fat, Cut The Carbs and Avoid Snacking To Reverse Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes.” The story gained much coverage. It was Monday’s front page on The Express and The Mirror. Sky News led with the story and many TV and radio stations covered it during the day. Dr Aseem Malhotra did most of the interviews, I did BBC London, BBC Wales, BBC Tees, LBC, BBC Three Counties radio, Talk Radio Europe and the Mark Forrest show (which covers about 40 local radio stations each evening).

1. Categories:
    2. Videos-Conferences

Dr Gary Fettke
    To view full screen, just click the little icon at the bottom right hand corner of the video
    Published on 23rd May 2016 07:30 PM

Eat Fat, Cut The Carbs and Avoid Snacking To Reverse Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes

I rarely send out press releases, but it’s not every day that you get the chair of the UK National Obesity Forum saying: “As a clinician, treating patients all day every day, I quickly realised that guidelines from on high, suggesting high carbohydrate, low fat diets were the universal panacea, were deeply flawed.”

As I prepare this Monday note, the attack on those involved in this document is in full swing. Those “on high”, as Professor David Haslam puts it have moved into both attack and defence mode – attack the authors of this report (often personally) and defend the conventional advice.

Published on 16th May 2016 07:20 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Conflicts

The computer says “take statins”!

The shock story of last week broke on 11th May. The UK GP magazine, Pulse, reported that The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) had contacted GPs to tell them that there had been a “bug” in the heart risk calculator software since 2009. Risks had been “miscalculated” and hundreds of thousands of patients may have been put on statins unnecessarily and others may not have been prescribed statins when eligible for them (lucky them!)

Page 6 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO