• Categories

• Club Members Area RSS Feed

Published on 9th May 2016 06:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Dieting

Lessons from The Biggest Loser

Back in 2010 I met with a TV producer who was working on diet programmes. She shared that one of the biggest bafflements in the TV world was why The Biggest Loser was massive as a show in the US, but a complete non-starter in the UK. The show ran on Living TV in the UK in 2005 and 2006. It moved to ITV in 2009 (not even prime time), but didn’t last beyond 2012. The US show, in contrast, started in 2004 and is now in its 17th season. Just the factoids on the Wiki page alone are extraordinary. The fastest 100 lb loss took just 6 weeks!

Published on 2nd May 2016 04:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Videos-Conferences

Christine Cronau
    To view full screen, just click the little icon at the bottom right hand corner of the video
    1. Categories:
    2. Recipes-Phase 1 Meals,
    3. Recipes-Phase 2 Fat Meals,
    4. Recipes-Beef

Herby meatballsHerby Meatballs

Looking for ideas on what to do with minced/ground meat? These meatballs are delicious and simple to make. They're good enough for a main meal and delicious as Tapas. ...
    Published on 2nd May 2016 06:30 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Dieting,
    3. Newsletter-Health

Can Lisa Riley inspire you to achieve success?

The Strictly Come Dancing sensation of 2012 was surely Lisa Riley: big, beautiful and a quite brilliant dancer. She was hugely popular and reached the semi-finals with her partner Robin Windsor.

Lisa appeared on ITV’s “Loose Women” on Thursday 28th April and to say that there had been a transformation was an understatement. Lisa has lost eight stone and the newspapers contrasted her walking into the ITV studios with the Lisa who had dazzled us on the dance floor. Apparently the host of the programme, Ruth Langsford, walked past Lisa without recognising her! That’s when you know you’ve achieved significant change.

Published on 25th April 2016 06:15 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Health

Is a vegan diet the secret to longevity?

BBC1 have recently run a two part programme called “How to stay young”. The presenters have been 71 year old Angela Rippon and 36 year old Chris Van Tulleken one of the famous twins who keeps popping up on our television sets.

Programme one explored the body and programme two explored the mind. I confess to not having watched either of them in full. These programmes are getting very formulaic and they usually get something nutritional wrong, which is not good for my own health.

Published on 18th April 2016 06:23 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-For Thought

Dolmio warnings: corporate responsibility or marketing genius?

I used to work for Mars. I was not long out of university and it was a blue chip employer that people were desperate to work for people still do aspire to work for Mars and they are right to in many ways. It remains the best employer I have ever worked for and it is known for providing a quite extraordinary employment experience.

Published on 11th April 2016 06:30 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Newsletter-Conflicts,
    3. Newsletter-Health

Statin side effects pave the way for son of statins

Introduction

In May 2014, two doctors were maliciously attacked by a researcher. The researcher heads up the Clinical Trial Service Unit (CTSU) at Oxford University.

The doctors’ crimes (they were independent, but the same) were to mention that statin side effects might affect approximately 18-20% of takers. Both doctors referenced a peer reviewed article, which said that “the rate of reported statin-related events to statins was nearly 18%”. The researcher demanded a retraction of both articles and continues to want the journal editor’s head on a plate, so to speak.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO