View RSS Feed

HealthyStart

Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over

Rate this Entry
Hurrah. My gut has calmed down and I can now eat 'normal' food. I gradually tested a few things like leaving the peel and pips on the courgette and not peeling the carrots and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I had peas with no reaction and I've been having porridge without any adverse affects. So I can happily conclude that my gut is no longer irritated and therefore is not chucking out anything that comes its way. I never thought I would say that it is so nice to be able to eat peas again

I think I've got a relatively clear week this week work-wise so I will try introducing other foods.

I'm still taking two probiotics each morning and either zinc supplements or multi-vitamin. I have also been spending a lot of time gardening so hopefully topping up my Vit D levels.

The only downside of eating for colitis is that I got a bit addicted to bread which previously I hadn't eaten for years. I'd managed to cut it down over the last few weeks but occasionally gave in to the cravings, so this week is bread cold turkey (which sounds like a nice sandwich ).

Yesterday's food:

B: Porridge (2 x Probiotics)
L: Stir Fry Chicken with peas and carrots (1 x multivitamin)
D: Beef Stew with peas, carrots & spinach

Submit "Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over" to Digg Submit "Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over" to del.icio.us Submit "Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fixing My Leaky Gut - Colitis Episode Over" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's really great news about your leaky gut. All the bedt with your bread cold turkey.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO