View RSS Feed

Bronn

Steady away

Rate this Entry
Well April came and went as a partial success, too many nights out really and although i managed to eat well, I still struggle to say no to having a drink on a night out.

April is my most stressful month too, but this year i managed to resist all the little traps which usually result in grabbing chocolate for a short term boost.

May however has been much better, not without its glitches, but i have really picked up the routine of eating this way again with the result being that i've dropped five pounds and more importantly i feel so much better for it.

I'm tending to stick to a fairly routine breakfast of porridge, semi skimmed milk, cinnamon and blueberries, which is easy to make and keeps me going quite easily until lunchtime.

Lunch is usually the rest of the previous evenings meals and i'm enjoying the challenge of finding new recipes to mix things up - recently made salmon fishcakes with roasted chunks of butternut squash and parsnip, cream cheese, poached salmon, chilli and an egg, and they were absolutely gorgeous.

I've found once you get back in the groove, its easy to pick the right choices without thinking too much about it.

When (not if) i lose another five pounds, i'll be my lowest weight for three years (how did i end up like this for so long??) so that's my initial goal and i hope to do that by the end of June - would be delighted to make more progress, but realistically i have a week away in the middle so i'm not going to worry about any wavering when i'm away and will look to lose anything within a few weeks of coming back home.

I've also signed up to NewcastleCan so my drops in weight are contributing to something bigger, which feels really good.

Submit "Steady away" to Digg Submit "Steady away" to del.icio.us Submit "Steady away" to StumbleUpon Submit "Steady away" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great to hear you have got over your busy time of the year and lost five pounds at the same time, Bronn. Hope Newcastle Can works out well for you and the other participants.
    Thanks Gilli

I'm not really following what they recommend, just tipping my poundage into theirs :-)
    Then I hope you get an opportunity to point H F-W & J O in the Harcombe direction.
    Loved your fishcakes idea. Steady away is an interesting expression. I thought of someone sailing in a new direction and waiting for the wind in their sails.
    You're doing well and by not expecting huge losses you're not going to be depressed if it doesn't happen. Mind you 5 Lbs is nothing to be sniffed at.
    Alison - hadn’t ever thought of the nautical origins of Steady Away - which makes sense when you think about it ! In the North East we tend to use it as a response to “how are you doing?” Steady away meaning can’t complain, doing ok ! A new direction and waiting for the wind in the sails is exactly what I’m doing though so it fits both ways!
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO