View RSS Feed

Onward and Downward

Back Yet Again

Rate this Entry
I'm like a bouncing ball, a great big bouncing ball and I always end up rolling back to Harcombe.

It served me well once before, way back in May 2012 when I signed up for the first time, almost got me back on track three years ago when I rejoined and now, here I am heavier than ever. My get up and go has got up and gone and I want to start out again a fresher, brighter, slimmer version of the wonderful me I know I can be.

In general life my mindset in great, brilliant in fact ... it's just when it comes to food things all go to pot. I currently eat an almost vegan diet. I know,l I know, that's not great for Harcombe but it's what I have to do. Meat ... be it red, white, pink or any colour ... makes me gag and very ill, dairy is off limits as I am now completely dairy intolerant, so unfortunately for this round of dieting good old NLY is off limits ...would I be allowed soya yogurts, heck I don't know but here I am about to do research into all the bases ready for my start of a brand new Phase One on 1st June. I do occasionally eat fish, so I will have to up this a bit and I eat eggs off my own chickens (but not from shops) so the girls better keep laying.

This time round I will be prepared with menu plans, cupboards, veggie patch, fridge and freezer bursting at the seams with what I CAN have and everything I can't have gone from the house, the caravan and the car.

My aim is to lose at least 22lbs to get myself to a nice round 12st, then I will re-evaluate. I am toying with the idea of doing a car boot sale on the 18th August and I would love to be able to sell ALL my size 16 clothes and re-invest in a smaller selection of clothes one or two sizes smaller.

For the record I will put all my numbers and figures on here on 31st May, but as it stands today I weigh in at 13st 8lbs, which is the heaviest I have ever been and about as much as I can carry on my 5ft 6" frame. The picture at the top was taken this time last year, there are hardly any photos of me anywhere, but this one is pretty much as I look now except that my hair is now back to it's natural brown. I'll try and get some taken of me as of 1st June, before and afters are always good to see the difference, and boy oh boy am I going to make a difference this time.

Sue xx
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Submit "Back Yet Again" to Digg Submit "Back Yet Again" to del.icio.us Submit "Back Yet Again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back Yet Again" to Google

Updated 23rd May 2018 at 06:01 PM by sue15cat

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Welcome back Sue. I hope your fresh start goes well on 1 June.
    Hi Sue, I'm right with you Sue - currently at my heaviest non-pregnant weight ever.

I'm on day 3 today. (and don't I know about it!)

Welcome back - keep up the good work!
    Welcome home Sue xx
    Welcome Sue. I am sure this is going to be your best one ever
    Sue welcome back.

Being almost vegan you've set yourself a very hard task, but you say you eat fish and eggs so you can have good quality protein daily.

I'd strongly advise against soy products as they're not that healthy. You can however make acceptable yoghurt from coconut cream as long as it doesn't contain any nasties.
    Welcome back Sue! Sorry you've been having so many problems with what you can and can't eat but fish, eggs and home grown veg are a very good start. I wonder if a good quality pro biotic would help you at all? I don't know much about them but from what I've read the ingredient to look for is Lactobacillus rhamnosus .... just a thought. Anyway lovely to see you back and if you know any good "companion" plants to discourage cabbage white moths from the growing broccoli - I'd love to know!
    Thanks for all the welcomes folks

2nd Alto - The best companion plants that I've found for Broccoli are Rosemary, Onions and Garlic ... and I use Marigolds all over in my tunnels and veggie patch, a splash of colour, food for the beneficial insects and the pests absolutely hate the smell, I'm not keen either but the benefits outweigh the pong ;-)
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO