View RSS Feed

HealthyStart

Day 3

Rate this Entry
Today I felt a bit shaky when I woke up and so tested my blood sugar levels. I was down to 3.4 so no wonder I didn't feel great. I had breakfast - Bacon, mushroom (I've got to use them up) and avocado but even after that I felt so lethargic that I could hardly keep my eyes open and certainly didn't want to move off the sofa. So, I had a Kiwi. I know that fruit is off the menu for P1 but I made sure I waited 2 hrs after breakfast to eat it. I also eat the skin to try to slow down the sugar absorption. Anyway I felt a lot better after it.

Lunch was stirfry pork with courgette and green beans. I can't eat butter due to milk protein intolerance so cook with a big lump of lard and poor any left in the frying pan over my meal.

It's now 6:15pm and I'm just starting to think about dinner. I tested my blood sugar levels and they are a nice 4.6 so I'll happily have a low-ish carb dinner. I have to remember that THD isn't LCHF. I will most probably have the same as last night - Beef stew with carrots and more green beans and possibly some cauliflower. I have to be a bit careful with cruciferous veg as it can give me painful gas!

Anyway, I'm pleased that the monitor confirmed my suspicions this morning - I'd hate to think that I was getting all shaky for some other reason! And the bonus was that when I weighed myself this morning I'd lost 2lb.

Submit "Day 3" to Digg Submit "Day 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 3" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations on losing 2 lbs !
    Just be careful with adding bits in just because they are there, a friend once suggested that all I was doing was pouring things down the drain by pouring them through me first - same result, but one way I put on weight, and one I didnít. The waste not want not brigade have a lot to answer for
    Please put away your blood sugar monitor - it's nit necessary unless you're a diabetic and I believe it's influencing you to eat non THD. Yes you may feel wobbly for a few days when yiu eventually do P1, but that's getting over the 3 conditions which you'll not do if you're drip feeding yourself P3 foods. Zoe recommends 3-4 hours between carb and fat meals.
    Try fried bacon and eggs for breakfast with a tomato, perfect P1 brekkie.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO