View RSS Feed

Onward and Downward

Phase One - Eating Fish and Eggs

Rate this Entry
I started Phase One on Friday 1st June, doing it the sensible way, that's the beauty of doing this for the second time ... learning from your own mistakes

I had given up alcohol a month before as it had started really not agreeing me, a lot of vegans find this to be the case. I switched to decaf coffee the week before to get the bloody awful headaches out of the way before I changed my eating habits, I'm glad I did they were chronic, but a couple of paracetamol took the edge off. I have a feeling that doing these two things ahead of my Phase One start date might make the weight loss figures a bit lower, but the main thing it's all going in the right direction.

Now for posterity my starting figures and measurements.

Weight 13st 8lb
BMI 30.5
Body Fat 5st 2lb
BF% 38.2%
H2o levels 45.1%

Bust 44"
Waist 38"
Hips 45"
Thighs 24/24"
Upper Arms 14/14"

I've been finding it strange eating fish, but it is tolerable. However, I keep looking at the eggs and thinking the only way I can eat them would be on toast ... and as toast (especially WITH eggs in either Phase One OR Two) is a big no no I've not bothered. I might have a go at a couple of hard boiled eggs on a salad today and see if that's okay.

Once you know things you know them and this is what I find the hardest. So making the choice to move from veganism or plant based eating to once again eating fish and eggs has been the hardest thing to get my head around, and because of this I have decided that after Phase One I will again be totally plant based.

That should make things interesting.

Are there even any other vegans/plant based eaters in the Harcombe Diet Club?

Submit "Phase One - Eating Fish and Eggs" to Digg Submit "Phase One - Eating Fish and Eggs" to del.icio.us Submit "Phase One - Eating Fish and Eggs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Phase One - Eating Fish and Eggs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As far as I can remember CatherineN is a veggie? But I might be mistaken
    By chosing to be vegan for phase 2 you are making life very much harder for yourself. Please ensure that you are taking appropriate supllements to compensate for the severe lack of essential nutrients in a plant based diet.
    BTW you can make an acceptable flat bread from cauliflower and eggs.
    And this article is about one of the missing vitamins.

https://allyoucaneat.org.uk/wp/b12-d...etarian-vegan/
    [QUOTE=roseymary;bt17824]And this article is about one of the missing vitamins.

[url]https://allyoucaneat.org.uk/wp/b12-deficiency-vegetarian-vegan/[/url][/QUOTE]

I really don't need telling about Vitamin B12 deficiency as my Mum (who eats meat) has had this for the last 20 years and needs regular monthly injections to keep her levels up. What you need to remember these days is that the meat you eat is from animals that ALSO have to have these injections or supplements added to their feed, as due to intensive farming methods there is not much naturally occurring B12 in the soil that they graze from, or in the case of a lot of animals they don't even get to graze normally and are instead grain fed.

I do take a regular supplement to make sure I don't get this,so you don't have to worry ... I don't
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO