Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best time to eat dark, dark chocolate...

Default Best time to eat dark, dark chocolate...

to minimise impact - snack or just after a meal or at night? What say you? I know that one shouldn't be having at all in p2, but anyway....

As a meal on it's own is the best way - within 3 hours of eating something else! Don't have at night if you are caffeine sensitive!
    Phase 3 for 4 years. Chocolate Connoisseur, Coffee Aficionado, Paleo Purist!

Registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    As a meal on it's own is the best way -
    When you say this, what are the quantities you are talking about please?

I didnt have chocolate until phase 3 but I used to have dinner at 6pm and then have 2/3 squares of dark chocolate (85% & over) with a black decaf coffee at about 9pm (3 hours later). Some people have lunch at 12pm and then have 2/3 squares at about 3pm/4pm and then dinner 3 hours after that.
    Phase 3 for 4 years. Chocolate Connoisseur, Coffee Aficionado, Paleo Purist!

I think if I took up dark chocolate, I would look forward to eating it as the last thing I eat that day, as a sort of thing to look forward to, but for me, if I liked it, I think that 2/3 squares would be ok as a snack, but not really enough as a meal ?

I think if I was hungry I would prob like a proper meal rather than chocolate. I never cheated on Phase 2 either. I'd say wait till Phase 3 as well.

I often have a 35g bar as a meal (lunch which is generally my smallest meal of the day) but tbh anytime is a good time for chocolate! As it's a cheat (and one I didn't indulge in until I was nearly at phase 3) I don't worry too much about when I have it. Sometimes I have it following a meal, other times I have it as a meal and sometimes I have it between meals!
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

I sometimes melt and equal amount of coconut oil with dark chocolate (85% Lidl's) in the microwave and mix together then put in freezer ice cube tray when they go hard they may really nice treats. Makes the chocolate go further.

Quote Originally Posted by TedHutchinson View Post
    I sometimes melt and equal amount of coconut oil with dark chocolate (85% Lidl's) in the microwave and mix together then put in freezer ice cube tray when they go hard they may really nice treats. Makes the chocolate go further.
    I've made chocolate 'buttons' that way.

Eating chocolate is a recently indulged pleasure during THD. PreTHD I ate it all the time, usually cadbury's wholenut, a personal favourite. However, I'd say in the last month or 6 weeks, I've been experimenting with the dark stuff more and more. I don't eat it everyday and when I do I don't eat a whole bar but maybe a 3rd of bar - 33g or so? Though I love the food on THD, I do want my naughty pleasures too. And chocolate was one of them. I am nearing my end goal I think, I'm in my size 12's but I'd like to be a slimmer to fit them really well, in any shop. I'm eating it as a snack in between meals when I do have it. As I generally have an urge in the kitchen when I'm making the kids' tea. It's divine. I just stand there and let it melt, slowly in my mouth and then get back to slapping a sausage - ding - in a pan!

Blog Entries

Here is the FAQ on the dark stuff
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos