Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice cream 0% fat 0 % sugar

Default Ice cream 0% fat 0 % sugar

Is it acceptable to have 100-200 gr of such ice cream as a carb meal or during a carb meal ??

Not sure - if it has no fat and no sugar then what has it actually got in it? Sounds a bit dodgy to me but happy to be proved wrong!

As it is % fat then I guess it is OK wih a carb meal, however if it has eggs in it, that would make it a fat meal. If you leave out the sugar though, wouldn't it be better to use full fat milk/cream with the eggs and have it with a fat meal (assuming it is home made). If it isn't home made I am intrigued....what the heck else is in it?

What is this wonder ice=cream - I want some if we can have it, I lurrvve ice-cream!

What are the ingredients?

dried skim milk dehydrated, maltodextrin, sorbitol, polydextrose, cocoa skimed, flavorings, color: carmine / patzarochroma, aspartame, 2.5% strawberry pieces (strawberries, flavors, pectin, charoupozelatini, citric acid, aspartame)

5% proteins 25% carbs

Jam packed full of sweeteners and processed stuff so a no go I am afraid

I have an ice cream maker, you can make lovely ice cream with natural ingredients, it is so easy. Sugar free for phase 1 & 2 though, although you can add some 90% choc for a treat. I make it with reduced sugar for OH and don't touch it myself at the moment. But would definitely see it as a healthy treat (with reduced sugar) for phase 3. In phase 3 you could add nut butters, bananas, chocolate berries and maybe a touch of honey....yum

[QUOTE=npas;154048]dried skim milk dehydrated, maltodextrin, sorbitol, polydextrose, cocoa skimed, flavorings, color: carmine / patzarochroma, aspartame, 2.5% strawberry pieces (strawberries, flavors, pectin, charoupozelatini, citric acid, aspartame)

5% proteins 25% carbs[/QUOTE]

Frankenfood! Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

If I can't pronounce the ingredients-I refuse to eat it! What the heck is "charoupozelatini"?????

You can make your own...even without a machine. And-no need for sugar-especially as being on THD reduces any desire for sweet foods. All the sweetness you would need is in the fruit.

I just Googled charoupozelatini......"does not match any documents"....good grief!!