Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Users Say Hi!

Blog Entries

Default New Users Say Hi!

Thought I'd start a thread for new users to say Hi. It would be a good way to introduce yourself.

I'll kick things off:

I'm Mat from Nottingham, I joined this site in March 2010. I found the site from following Zoe's blogs on her personal website (www.zoeharcombe.com)

I love it here - Everyone is so friendly and supportive!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I'm Becky from Sheffield, married with 2 sproglets (boys 1 and 4).

I joined the site in March as well after being redirected from the facebook discussion page.

So far I have lost just over a stone and have 4lbs to go

xx

Hi,

I'm Sian from Epsom in Surrey. I am married with 2 children (Max 4 and Tamsin 2).

I joined this site in April this year. I had also been following Zoe on Facebook.

I have lost 4.5 lbs since I started, which doesn't sound like much, but I may already be where my body wants to be (BMI 20.5).

xx

Blog Entries

Hi

I'm Sue, I've lived in Lanzarote with my husband for 4 years and work in an estate agency. I have two grown up children in the UK (miss them like mad!) and started THD in January, after having a splurge at Amazon over Christmas and reading half a dozen diet books - Zoe's came out tops and I've stuck with it since. I joined the forum in March, having followed Zoe on Facebook up to then, have lost 1st 2lb and would like to lose another stone.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)
    Blog Entries

Hi,
    I'm Priscilla and I live in G(h)ent, Belgium. American born, educated in the UK and married to a Nottingham guy who I met in Spain (life story too long for this forum). 2 children, married daughter with 2 sons aged 2 and 1 month, and I have a son in 2nd year Uni. Both live in the UK. I have been following Zoe's fantastic way of eating for a year now. Lost my desired weight (11 kilos) but cheated too much and too often and have put on half a stone which I am still trying to lose again. I organised the first Harcombe meet-up in Feb last year which was great fun and I was one of the first Facebook forum people along with Melissa. Working fulltime, I don't have as much time as I'd like to dedicate to this forum but try from time to time. I read it as much as I can but can't always contribute.
    Welcome to anyone new out there.

allm416
    Visitor

Hi,
    I'm Lisa. Live in Poole & married just last year - hoping to try for the first baby soon. I have a career as a qualified accountant (yawn, yawn - I know!!) but am taking a bit of a break from that working as a project manager for a large insurance company. I have tried every diet under the sun (including Lighter Life) & my weight has yo-yoed since I was a teenager. I started THD on 11th Jan & so far have lost 3 stone - another couple to go but really enjoying this way of eating.
    Best of luck to everyone with their weight loss.
    Lisa.x

Evening all

I am Keith 48 years young married for 28 of them this October.
    Celebrated our 25 th with an 14 day 11 island Caribbean cruise and we also renewed our vows whilst on board
    3 dustbin lids Hayley 27, James 26 and Carly 22.
    2 dogs Kaiser and Tango plus 6 furry fuzzball ferrets was 7 but lost 6 year old Storm this morning.

Work for a local Mexican owned cement company currently on my 18 days off YEE HAA!!!!
    Been on THD for over a year now and nearly 4 st lighter with 1 more to go and onto PH3.
    Last edited by kaiser; 16th May 2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Kath
    Visitor

Hi, I'm Kath, live in Shropshire, 60 this year and married for 40 yrs. Have 2 daughters and 2 and a half grandchildren! Work full time and longing for retirement! Have been on THD for about 5 weeks and am sad to say I have only lost 3lb, despite not having cheated once! Keep hanging on and hoping that one day something will start to happen.
    Love this way of eating and am amazed to have kicked the sugar - could have polished off a box of chocs in an evening!! I really believe that this is the best diet I have ever
    seen, but wish it would start to work as I have a very long way to go! Welcome to all new members x

Blog Entries

Hi.... I'm Jenny - I live in Chatham, Kent

I was introduced to the Harcombe Diet through my personal trainer at the gym I'm a member of (Virgin Active - Medway). I got started on THD in early March and have lost a whole stone (14lbs) in less than 3months. It's a new lifestyle altogether one which I will not turn from. It can only get better. I have no more food cravings and can face my food demons (crisps and chips) head-on, no problem.

If you've just started this and are in the middle of Phase 1 - STICK AT IT - it will be very worthwhile with good results. Welcome to you new members!

Jenny xx

marie
    Visitor

Hi everyone

I am Marie, married to Jamie and have 2 children, Bethany 12 and Jordan 20. I have recently qualified as a nurse and am now a community nurse, which I love. Hoping to move to Canada next year. Did THD last summer after being told about it from my friend Michelle - MicKel - thought it was fantastic and finally got below 12 stone, then relaxed too much on phase 2. Have tried phase 1 several times now, the longest was 9 days but fail on phase 2!!

Going on holiday to Canada on Sat, so am phase 1ing it til the plane takes off!!!

Nice to read about everyone!

Marie xx