Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990 LastLast

Thread: New Users Say Hi!

Welcome, that's a great loss. Harcombe is evidence based you are so right and i feel so much healthier since starting this woe

Congrats Carine and welcome to the forum
    Trust the process, the results will come

Welcome Carine and we’ll done on your great start.

Blog Entries

Welcome Carine and congratulations on your weight loss. Eating real food can only help you regain your health so you've come to a good place.
    Rosemary

Club Member

I would also like to welcome you Carine. This is a great eating plan, your health will improve by following it.

Hi all, I started THD three weeks ago. I could really do with some help and advice, please.

Seven years ago, I lost 3 stone and, although I have kept 2.5 stone off, it has been a continual struggle. I am always hungry and constantly eating. Fruit has always been my 'go to' between meals and I can eat between 7 and 10 pieces a day.
    I've just had another decadent and sugar laden Christmas and realised that I'd spent a lot of the time with a headache as well as feeling lethargic and generally terrible about myself. That's when I decided to join THD. I did Phase 1 for 5 days and lost 6lbs. I then went onto Phase 2.

I have now been doing Phase 2 for 2 weeks. I feel in control of my eating in a way I haven't done for years. My headaches have gone and...something I hadn't expected...my migraines (which are hormone linked) and hot flushes (I'm also a woman of a certain age!) have calmed right down. I have put on a couple of pounds, though, so I'm feeling really down

I 'cheated' a few times in my first week of Phase 2 and snacked on a few nuts after a couple of evening meals. I did not touch any processed foods though. This week, however, I have absolutely followed it. I weigh myself once a week at the same time and I've just done so and I've put another pound on. I know the scales aren't always a great or accurate measure but there's no change in my measuremenst. I seem to be storing just as much fat around my middle as before I started.

Is this usual? Do some people have a 'delayed response' to THD. (I originally lost my weight on a low fat diet so I haven't really had fat in my meals for quite a few years; I don't know if that makes any difference).

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Hi Bovgirl, welcome to the forum.

A few questions if I may. What do you weigh; How tall are you: What do you hope to weigh at your natural weight? Can you post a few daily food intake lists, to give us some idea what you are eating and how much(ish) because of course, we do not weigh our portions or count things.

I am sure that others will be along soon with some other intrusive questions which have not occurred to me yet.

We would love to help you get sorted, so please do respond.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD

Hello Bovgirl and welcome to the forum
    Great place to be for answers!

Are you on any medication currently?
    Trust the process, the results will come

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Welcome! Cannot give advice, but do hope you get it sorted soon.