Thread: What about moobs???

Forum Member

Default What about moobs???

So, now I'm "in the groove" and losing weight on P1, I would like to make my body look firmer.
    I have a good "yomp" about 3 -4 times a week (loads of cliff top steps etc) so my legs are doing ok BUT, I want to make my upper body look better. My chest is going down, but I want to do the appropriate exercises to firm up my chest and get rid of my moobs, which to be honest aren't THAT big but I am conscious of them. I also want to firm up my stomach & arms. I have been doing press ups & a few sit ups (which I find uncomfortable to do) but don't really know if these are the correct exercises.
    Does anyone out there have any suggestions.
    Thanx.

I only know of chest presses at the gym - dunno if you can somehow recreate these at home?
    Becky x

www.beckyjoy.co.uk

Push-ups!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Turmeric!!!! - Sod Exercise!!!!

Turmeric????? Expand Howie!

I think we have to remember that this is a problem relating to ENDOCRINE disruption of our hormone system.
    Pubmed 22459607 Points the finger at the effects of acrylamide exposure on serum hormones, but it could equally well be other chemical (plastic food container, pesticide on food see my thread "Review of the science linking chemical exposures obesity and diabetes"

Increasing testosterone levels by correcting vitamin D3 deficiency is a good start. Ideally you need levels around 50ng/ml or 125nmol/l and that will take around 5000iu/daily and plenty of nonburning midday sun exposure.

Increasing MAGNESIUM intake also increases free and total testosterone values in sedentary and in athletes. The increases are higher in those who exercise than in sedentary individuals.

Reducing acrylamide exposure means eating less food that goes brown. So less barbeques/fried/grilled foods where the item is subject to high heat and more slow cooked/stewed braised foods.

Reducing herbicide/pesticide chemicals requires more home grown veggies and salads or locally bought fruit/veggies/salads from organic growers.

PS in response to the TURMERIC suggestion
    Physiological and therapeutical roles of ginger and turmeric on endocrine functions. pubmed 21476200
    There is much to be said for improving endocrine function. (Turmeric is also called CURCUMIN and the reason curcumin has many of the same actions as Vitamin D3 is that it acts directly on the Vitamin D receptor)
    Last edited by TedHutchinson; 2nd April 2012 at 09:42 AM.

You also find endocrine disruptors in cosmetics, personal care products, cleaners, sunscreens, and vinyl products.

Endocrine Disruptors and Asthma-Associated Chemicals in Consumer Products. pubmed 22398195
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22398195

The trouble is it's not the weak estrogenic effect of each particular item but the combined effect from all sources of cosmetics, personal care products, cleaners, sunscreens, and vinyl products, in people who are also vitamin D and magnesium deficient.

Mercola has an article on their effect on Breast Cancer today

"40 Women With Breast Cancer Had This "Cosmetic Ingredient" in Their Tissues"

http://tinyurl.com/cqzj7bd
    Last edited by TedHutchinson; 2nd April 2012 at 12:13 PM.