Thread: Home made crisps

Forum Member

Default Home made crisps

Are we ok to eat home made parsnip, beet root, or carrot crisps in lard, olive oil, or dripping?
    Can we cook them in sunflower or veg oil?
    Need a crunch !!!!
    Still on P1
    Ta

I think you need to be a little careful because to get the crunch you'll need quite a lot of fat. This in itself isn't a bad thing, but you'd be having it with the higher carb veggies so, personally, I'd avoid that. How about having a little experiment by putting some veggie slices in a plastic bag, adding a little olive oil (or melted lard), shaking vigorously (the veg that is, not you!) then spreading out on a baking sheet in the oven. That may give you what you want.

Alternatively, when you're on phase 2 have a go at Howie's cauliflower nachos (phase 2 because they have cheese in). I'll look for the link and then post it for you - they are seriously yummy!

BTW, please don't use vegetable oil - it's a baddy because of being highly processed.

Here's the link for the nachos: http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/forum/showthread.php?11163-Cauliflower-Nacho-Chips&highlight=nacho
    Last edited by Sue; 7th April 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Adding link