Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrrghg! 6 weeks on THD and still gaining

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Arrrghg! 6 weeks on THD and still gaining

ok, in those 6 days I have had 3 days' of mixing (on holiday and one day when I just needed a quick fix), but why am I still gaining.

I am now only eating fat meals, so eggs and NLY for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, pork loins and buttery veg at dinner seems to be a typical pattern.

I cut out all grains last week and still no loss, indeed a gain.

I have a feeling I am going to have to guit even goat's yoghurt, goat milk and lactofree cream (eaten only at the weekend on strawberries).

I am not snacking between meals at all and only eat berries at the weekend.

Does it look like the dairy? Frequent cups of decaff tea in the evening with whole goat's milk, butter on my eggs and veg and 250g NLY per day.

I struggle to imagine existence without something sweet and creamy at least at the weekend.....do you think I need to bite the bullet to lose?

Any help would be great! And hi to FB friends xxxx A bloated and ever-expanding Jo.

Hi Jo,

How frustrating for you. I have been doing THD for just over 4 weeks now and after a very successful 5 day Phase 1 the weight was creeping up every week after. After a desperate thread post on Friday I was advised to maybe see if I could afford the premium membership and email Zoe to see if she could spot anything that other people hadn't on the forum. She was amazing and sent me some fantastic advice. I was eating alot of dairy to compensate for not having sugar and Zoe said it was highly likely I had a dairy intolerance as well. So since Friday I have cut out all dairy apart from a little bit of butter on my veggies and eggs and I feel amazing. I havnt weighed myself yet as I am waiting til Friday but I definitely feel better. Im not saying this will help you but it is certainly working for me.

Its so disheartening when you gain every week and I feel for you. Maybe, if you can subscribe to the premier member ship for a month it would be really helpful. Otherwise the forum will give you fantastic advice.

I would say to knock dairy on the head and see what happens. I dont think there is anything wrong with some berries at the weekend.

Dont underestimate mixing whilst you are trying to lose weight either. I definitely did and, after a binge on weds put on 2lbs last week.

Good luck with it. It will be interesting to see what other recommend as well.

I hope ive helped a bit

Stay strong, you can do it

Hi Jo.

It can take a number of days before cheats show up on the scales.

The gains could be part of the mixing still working through.

Intolerances should also not be ruled out as water is stored whenever we eat food that we are intolerant to and this keeps on happening.

SOmetimes we do need to face the facts that we have intolerances and these intolerance are always to things that we 'can't live without'

My advice is to do phase 1 again for 5 days and see if the weight-loss returns then be careful what you add back in - separate dairy into cheese and liquid dairy (Milk and cream) and see if either of these stalls you. If they both do then it is a safe bet that you have a dairy intolerance and you're gonna have to ditch it if you want to lose weight.

This may depress you and you may think that THD doesn't 'work for you' but any diet you were to do that allowed you to have the creamy treats will not allow you to lose weight as these intolerances need to be dealth with and faced.

Hope this helps,

Mat.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Brilliant responses thank you both so much! 2 days' of cheats were 4 weeks ago and I redid phase 1 and lost 5 pounds again. Bloating and ab pain started during p2 so I cut out oats and switched to goat products (generally though occasionally have cows'). I think you are both right.....can I just clean up now and drop the dairy and berries rather than going back to p1 do you think? All I will be eating is meat, eggs, oil butter and non starchy veg from today......worth a try? Also....getting tired of eggs for breakfast and without NLY will struggle I feel. Last week's mixing was oatcakes and cheese and later fish and chips. On Weds. I felt horrid after. There were reasons, just not good enough one's. Right, the goat milk and NLY are GONE!!! Thanks again Jo

Quote Originally Posted by MissyLovejoy View Post
    Brilliant responses thank you both so much! 2 days' of cheats were 4 weeks ago and I redid phase 1 and lost 5 pounds again. Bloating and ab pain started during p2 so I cut out oats and switched to goat products (generally though occasionally have cows'). I think you are both right.....can I just clean up now and drop the dairy and berries rather than going back to p1 do you think? All I will be eating is meat, eggs, oil butter and non starchy veg from today......worth a try? Also....getting tired of eggs for breakfast and without NLY will struggle I feel. Last week's mixing was oatcakes and cheese and later fish and chips. On Weds. I felt horrid after. There were reasons, just not good enough one's. Right, the goat milk and NLY are GONE!!! Thanks again Jo

If you have a lactose intolerance no animal milk will be any good for you. An intolerance will always cause weight gain no matter how small the portions. Mixing is always a recipe for disaster for weight loss. It is the fundamental backbone for Zoe's diet.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Soziberry
    Visitor

You haven't told them about your need to exercise for health reasons and needing a boost from food before a big run Jo. Missing you on FB x.

Quote Originally Posted by Soziberry View Post
    You haven't told them about your need to exercise for health reasons and needing a boost from food before a big run Jo. Missing you on FB x.
    Best food before a big run is a fat meal. Long sustained energy with no side effects.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Quote Originally Posted by Soziberry View Post
    Hi Jo, I saw what Soziberry wrote and I again can totally relate to fueling the exercise. I wrote to Zoe about this and she added this link on about what Paula Radcliffe eats on an average day. It was a real eye opener and made me think about the reasons why I wanted to eat so much. I had to admit it was because I was craving rather than anything else.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...g-example.html

Paula's food isnt THD friendly but it may be worth putting in a carb meal if you are exercising alot. I am still just sticking to fat meals andseem to be fine but everyone is different so maybe experiment with this for a bit.

This is only my opinion and you really do have to listen to your own body.

Good luck with it and keep us posted

It might be worth it to pay a visit to your doctor and just get everything checked out - what if you have a thyroid problem or something?? I always skip ahead to the worst case scenario of course...but I haven't seen many people writing that they are actually gaining weight on THD.

I would only eat like Paula if you are exercising like Paula. If you are only doing a few miles you don't really need carbs. I used to easily run 6 miles and eat all fat meals, as well as cycle for 40 miles at race pace.