Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello - new to all this & started my phase 1 today!

Hi Carrie and welcome. I'm fairly new to the forum and have to say that the support available is fantastic. There's also so much information too. Took me a little while to get my head around it all but so pleased that I persevered. Hope you've had a great day 1!

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Welcome Carrie. I hope day one went well. Remember to drink loads of water!

Hi and welcome Carrie. Keep coming on here - the support is amazing.

Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions just post up!!!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

MySomaDoesntWork
    Visitor

Hi Carrie,
    I found day 3 to be the worst. After that things improved steadily and the rewards were obvious when getting on the scales. Look forward to seeing your updates and welcome to the forum. Claire X

thanks everyone for the welcome - Im still probably not being as adventerous with my meals as im sure i could be but i'll get there. Im amazed at how my body is feeling like its hungry despite eating big amounts of veg etc (bit of a funny headache/weak feeling) the same as i do if im unable to eat for a longer period of time - i never thought id be like this after just 1 day but obviously my body is craving something
    Going to have to look into doing pack lunches too as going to visit my grandparents on sunday who are 250 miles away so there'll be a lot of salads etc in the car with me lol

Welcome to the forums!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

well end of day 3 -feeling more normal today but that might have had something to do with the huge bubble & squeek I had last night that filled me up lovely
    I think ive been doing well - decaf tea no milk, egg & bacon, water, salads, veggies, fish, turkey. Ive not mixed fat & carbs despite being on phase 1 as thats just how ive planned meals, not intentionally - but then at least ive got into the swing of that for phase 2! The only carb meals ive had is a bowl of 50g wheat & Gluten free porridge (100% oats) on day 1 & 2.
    HOWEVER - Ive kind of slipped up this lunchtime - got taken by other half to italian restaurant - now i studied the menu & all the salads were full of cheese/croutons/dough sticks (yes i could of asked for none of these but the salads were very expensive anyway!) - so I had a medium sized wheat & Gluten free brown pasta dish that had green beans, olive oil, garlic & pesto - I do hope I havent messed up too much & will be back to being good as im very proud of how much ive stuck to it for 3 days & like i say, not even mixed fat & carbs.
    The one thing i have noticed is how much more thirsty/dry throated ive been since starting - which i suppose is a good thing as i normally cant face drinking lots of water!!

well ive survived my 5 days - from day 3 onwards it was fine - im not sure ive been eating as much as i should as its been mainly salads with a few veg dinners - so been kinda feeling a little hungry inbetween meals but ive just been adjusting to what i can eat with what. Im worried that thats the only reason why i lost 3.5lb on the 5 days & that i'll put it back on now im finding my feet with the great meat dinners thtat ive seen on other threads!?