Thread: Reintroducing Foods in Phase 2 - Help Please!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MySomaDoesntWork
    Visitor

Default Reintroducing Foods in Phase 2 - Help Please!

I'll be coming off Phase 1 in a few days' time. I've had bad candida and for that reason decided to stretch out Phase 1 for a month. Now finally getting towards the end.

My problem is, I did well in the first two weeks but since then my weight loss has stalled, and some kind and helpful members of this forum have led me to suspect that my increasing reliance on NLY may be responsible. For the remainder of Phase 1, I'm therefore dropping diary and if that reactives the weight loss it will be obvious that I have a dairy intolerance. I haven't suspected so far that I had any problem with dairy but it seems a likely candidate.

My question is this: in gradually reintroducing foods in Phase 2 I was planning on starting with dairy but this now doesn't seem wise. Assuming it IS dairy which is causing the stall, could anybody recommend a good place to start with reintroducing food in Phase 2? I don't want to reintroduce wheat.

Any advice gratefully received.

Claire

If you're not planning on reintroducing dairy straight away (sounds sensible) I would start with low sugar fruits like berries.

+1 for berries

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

If you are really worried about candida how about something different - pulses as part of a carb meal ?

It may not be a dairy intolerance causing your stall, the carbs in NLY (& milk) can be quite significant if you have a lot. It may be the carbs rather then the dairy itself causing the problem. I wouldn't be too quick to jump to the conclusion that dairy is the problem. You may be fine with cheese and/or cream.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

I would dump the dairy for the remainder of your P1 and see if it helps weight loss. If it does you could then try adding a little hard cheese for your first P2 addition because it adds enormous variety to meals. Lots of us can't tolerate soft dairy but are okay with hard cheese. Otherwise it will have to be berries pulses as the others have said.
    Good luck.

MySomaDoesntWork
    Visitor

Brilliant advice from everyone here. I'll be acting on it, starting either with berries or some goat's cheese. This forum really is a lifeline and it's such a relief being able to share these food anxieties with people who understand. Thanks everyone X