Thread: Does anyone have a recipe for THD whole meal bread

Forum Member

Default Does anyone have a recipe for THD whole meal bread

The title says it all really....anyone have a recipe please.

Most homemade wholemeal recipes will be fine. Here's a Delia one (copy and paste the link):
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/bread/quick-and-easy-wholemeal-loaf.html
    You can opt to leave the sugar out, your bread just won't rise as well as with it, as its there to feed the yeast. With 1 teaspoon though it's less than 0.5% of the loaf (and probably even less because the yeast will
    Have eaten it!)
    Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Thanx Lird for the recipe, I think I'll give it a try tomorrow. Sounds good!

I made this! It didn't really rise, but tasted good. I was confused because of she wants us to butter the tin, yet I am treating this as a non-fat dish.

A bit of butter used in cooking is no problem.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I've never seen the need to put sugar or fat in bread. The dough rises perfectly well - just leave it for long enough! If I make ordinary yeast dough, I leave it over night. (You don't need warm water for that, either. It rises even in the fridge. All this sugar/warm water stuff is only to speed up the process - and make it less digestible along the way.) Sour dough is left for a few days.

junglefacejake
    Visitor

I've made this a couple if times too, absolutelty gorgeous but really hard not to eat warm with some butter on it

Last time I added some olive oil (not much), and it really improved the taste. Going to try some rosemary mixed in next time..

junglefacejake
    Visitor

Second that thanks to Lird, I added a little olive oil to mine, really good then. Hard to resist eating with butter though when it's warm !