Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First timer

Default First timer

We're starting the diet tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to giving it a go, but I'm wondering just how rough you feel? Some say not too bad others say awful. Please help me prepare. Also what the average weight loss after 5 days on phase one?

Welcome to the forum! I felt rough on days 2-3 but I was a serious caffeine addict so once I got through that it was fine. It's well worth it and sticking to it, I lost 15 lb on phase 1 but everyone is different depending on how bad they have the 3 conditions. I have since lost another 5 stone in the following year. Best of luck xx

Hi Jeanno,

Everyone is different as we all have such different backgrounds, different amounts of weight to lose, different health problems. It'll depend whether you are suffering from just one or all three of the conditions and how badly you have them as to how rough you will feel on phase 1. I felt fine, infact after 24 hours I started feeling really good and energetic, but I know others who have at the other end of the scale been bed ridden. Most people get some headaches, and some muscle aches and pains and generally feeling a bit like you might be coming down with a bug. You can take some paracetomal though if you need to.

As for weight loss, again, I only lost 1.5lbs on phase 1, but considering I went from eating 800Cal to lose 0.2lbs, to eating as much as I wanted (must have been around 2000Cal) and lost more weight that was amazing to me. Josie is at the higher end of the phase 1 weight loss with 15lbs. I would say that most people lose in the region of 5lbs, but that is by no means a guarentee of any sort.

Everyone is different is the bottom line, so don't set any expectations other than you will lose some weight and at the end of 5 days feel like a fog has lifted.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Welcome Jeanno. This forum is a great place for advice and support. Just take it one day at a time and know you are only doing huge favours to your body and health, regardless of weight loss. As Lird says, everyone is different. I didn't feel I'll at all on phase 1 but I have never been a big coffee drinker.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I'm new here too. Have just completed phase 1 and lost 3lb, which i am really pleased with. Started phase 2 on friday - had a party buffet to cope with in the evening, but found chicken drumsticks, a cheese board and lots of salad stuff, so that was great. The wedding last night was not so easy - hot indian buffet followed by apple crumble and choc cake with red wine. Whoops. Before I started this "new way of eating" i would have completely gone off the rails and would eat everything in sight, but today i had bacon and eggs for breakfast and just had baked camambert with crudites for lunch and i feel back in control.

Registered Guest

Hello. I am on week 3 of the diet. I lost only 2 lb on phase one but had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever...since then I have lost.another 3 lb so it is very slow going, but I have zero food cravings for the first time in my life and actually feel in control around food. I am nearly 22 stone so it's going to be mega tough but so far so good.

Soziberry
    Visitor

I lost nearly 5lb and felt rough for about 4 days yet mostly tired and cranky

So much does depend on whether you have any or all of the 3 conditions and, of course, how much weight you have to lose. Try not to worry about how youīll feel - weīre all testimony to having lived through it and itīs worth it to not have food cravings and to be losing weight on good, healthy, natural food.

One thing I would say is please donīt be tempted to weigh yourself every day - wait until the end of phase 1. Our weight fluctuates through the day and from day to day and you donīt want to derail yourself right at the beginning. Also, drink plenty of water (thatīs 2 things!)

I lost 5 lbs when I first did phase 1 and had headaches for 2 days, but nothing that kept me off work or functioning fairly normally!

Welcome to the forum - look forward to hearing how you get on

Welcome to the forum Jeanno & OPIQueen!!

Hello and welcome

The first time I did phase 1 I had bad headaches and felt sick for the first three days - I think it was candida fighting back plus sugar withdrawal symptoms (I don't drink alcohol or caffeine, so it couldn't have been either of those) and I lost 6lbs. When I did it again earlier this year after falling off the Harcombe wagon, I didn't have any horrible side effects at all but still lost 5lbs.