Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First timer

It took a good 3 or 4 months before he read the book.

He could see that i'd changed mentally more than anything (didn't have much weight to lose) and he kept saying things like "it can't be good for you to eat that much fat" - I suppose in the end he just got curious - I think if i'd tried to push him into doing it, that would've had the opposite effect.

Nell126
    Visitor

I know that he's fed up with me spending years trying all sorts of diets. I've got an underactive thyroid, so went from slim to fat in my late 30s. I've been battling it ever since. He wasn't happy with me doing the Cambridge diet because it wasn't real food. He doesn't believe in "low fat" and diet foods, so maybe he'll come round to it in the end. What's worrying me most is that I've eaten cereal for breakfast for years and now I don't know what to have!!!

Welcome to all you lovely newbies. Best of luck and keep us informed.
    Kx

Just think of breakfast as "just another meal" - you can have anything you like = yoghurt, cold meat, eggs and bacon, curry.......

My breakfast this morning was a tin of sardines, mashed up with a couple of teaspoons of homemade mayo and some chopped up cucumber - lovely! AND it's made me full up so I should last OK until lunch

Just embrace the fat and go with the flow!

By the way, I don't say a lot to my OH about the diet, I just get on with it - he's VERY pleased witht he results I'm slowly introducing THD principles to the family diet so they won't even notice.

Nell126
    Visitor

Had yogurt in the end, but bought loads of lovely food today - lots of things that I really like but haven't eaten for years I'm having to postpone my start to Wednesday though

Lagunagirl
    Visitor

Hi all, I lost 5lbs on Phase 1 and did suffer with headaches and tummy pains on days 3 - 5 but it is SO worth it. The energy you get after Phase 1 is life-changing. My OH thinks this way of eating is a little 'off the wall' but he's really happy with my results so say no more! An I have noticed that he's actually slowly beginning to cut down on his sugar in take and is happy to eat meals with zero carbs now too.

Forum Member

Hi,
    I enjoyed P1 so much I stayed on it for about 7 weeks!
    Infact I've just started P2, but know if I go on my hols and put weight on I can go back to P1 and lose it all quickly (back from Antigua 1 week, and hopped onto P1 and lost 7lbs so far - 4 to go to bring me back to 16st 4lbs) I can then continue with P2 and get down to my target of 15st hopefully by Xmas!😃

I'm on phase 2 now & doing OK. Apart from headaches for first 2 days one phase 1 I feel a lot better and more in control. Tried to have berries & yogurt for breakfast today, but absolutely starving - will have to go back to eggs. Had chicken paprika tonite from a previous post - absolutely delicious. It is strange eating this way without thinking of all the bad press low carb diets have had over the years, but something's working.

I thought i would share this website i came across whilst surfing for recipes - it's called the "swedish diet" and it's exactly the way Zoe is telling us we should eat - only natural healthy, low carb & fats. I am going to shut out all contrary advice & stick to this because I love it- just need to get breakfast sorted!!

Hi. My name is Lisa, I'm nearly 41 and I have been on a diet since I was 18. I have done everything. I even did atkins when it first came out and got on really well until someone said That it was really bad for you, etc, etc. I got scared and went back to eating rubbish.

I have finished phase 1 of THD diet and feel great. I lost 3.5 lbs - i had a headache first couple of days, but i think that was caffeine withdrawal. This way of eating does seem alien after all the other advice we have been bombarded with, but I feel great, my cravings have really reduced and I don't feel hungry. Hypoglycaemia is my problem and my shakiness and nearly falling asleep at 3 pm has disappeared. Thank you Zoe - i'm here to stay. Even my OH is doing better!