Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How fab is this way of eating!!!

Default How fab is this way of eating!!!

Hi everyone,

After years of feeling 'guilty' everytime I tucked into a piece of cheese, I am now absolutely loving experimenting with all the gorgeous cheeses here in France! Massive salads for lunch with lots and lots of different, yummy cheese!

What more could you ask?

Hope you are all having a good day!

Liz
    x

You are def. in the right place to be a cheese lover. I've recently been enjoying a Pave D'Affinois which I bought in Tesco but I know you can get it in France. Sadly my local Tescos have seen fit to stop stocking it - there's no call for it apparently. (WELL I'M CALLING FOR IT).
    Enjoy experimenting with the fromage.

I'm lucky enough to work in the dairy industry...so I've always got a good supply of cheese

Oooh, I envy all you people who are able to eat dairy. I'm unlikely to ever be able to eat it again. :-(

Unless you have an actual allergy as opposed to an intolerence then it is likely that you will be able to have it again one day. I was intolerent to dairy for about 16 years, but for many years now I have been able to have it without any side affects at all.

I thought lactose was one you didn't get over? or is that different?! I am learning so much....

I concur that this is a great way of eating!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Well all I know is that I did! Lol! My inolterence may not have been to the lactose though, not every dairy intolerence is about the lactose.

If you are intolerent because you don't produce the right enzymes to digest the lactose, then yes it would be permanent, but you also would have always been intolerent to it from being a child and would have known about it since then (similar to an allergy) when you stopped producing the enzymes, and would have not have suddenly developed it later in life. As I developed the intolerence as a small child, I always thought this was the case for me, but since I was about 18 I started being able to handle small amounts of dairy, and over the next few years the intolerence disappeared entirely. So for me the intolerence was more like the intolerences we develop for other food, and went away over time.

Does that make some kind of sense?

Yes sort of! Like i said I am learning every day.... and it's fab really!

You can have a dairy intolerance that is just like any other food intolerance in that if you cut out 100% for about 6 weeks and then gradually re-introduce, your body should be able to accept it.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman