Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not budging

tazkt
    Visitor

Default not budging

Hello, I am on day three of phase one and have not lost an ounce, i am getting seriously downheartened. But i never ate lots of junk food and always have eaten eggs and meat, plus fresh veg, but my bmi is 29 so i have it to lose! assistance/motivation would be gratefully received.

1. Wait until the morning of day 6 to weight yourself! Lots of people have a sudden "whoosh" at the end of phase 1!

2. If you have always eaten real food then you may have none of the three conditions, and this could mean little to no loss in phase 1 (as most of this weight loss is from getting rid of water retention cause by food intolerance and candida). I only lost 1lb on phase1, but had success in phase 2 when I started separating carbs and fats for meals.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. X

tazkt
    Visitor

yes that helps a lot thanks. Ps i dont weigh myself, just see if clothes fit or fit any better!

Dont panic hun - it's early days yet, I was very carb-heavy in my diet and think i had all 3 conditions quite badly, so i lost about 5lb in phase one but have had to repeat it several times to work out why i wasn't losing in p2!! Stick with it and you will see results.

tazkt
    Visitor

my hopes are now pinned on phase two, did you work out why it wasnt working for you in phase 2?

[QUOTE=tazkt;178744]yes that helps a lot thanks. Ps i dont weigh myself, just see if clothes fit or fit any better![/QUOTE]

Well in that case you could have easily lost 2 or 3 lbs without a really noticing it in your clothes. My natural weight goes up and down by 2 or 3 lbs all the time without making any difference to how my clothes feel. If I remember correctly, I didn't really start properly noticing the difference with clothes until I'd lost over half a stone, and for me that took about 3 weeks to do. If you don't like to weigh that's fine, but just be aware it'll likely take a little longer (and a little more patience) until you get confirmation you are losing weight.

Keep going though, it will happen!

tazkt
    Visitor

Patience is not one of my stronger points......

tazkt
    Visitor

What is a local club host btw?

Ah if you are not weighing yourself (i missed that bit last night!) then you could well be losing weight. (good habit though, wish i could avoid the scales!) As for my phase 2, i kept introducing too much too soon and then not knowing what was causing the problems, so have taken it much more slowly this time.

Everyone's right about you may well be losing weight. As all the weight lost on phase 1 is normally water, you don't tend to notice it on your body. I lost 6lbs on phase 1 and yet I didn't look any different and no one noticed it!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman