Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor

Default Doctor

Well, I went back to the NHS doctor who had told me to get my calories down to 1000 per day and I would lose weight. That was a year ago and obviously doing the diet he had siggested (high carb/low fat) I hadn't lost any weight at all. So I got told off. I told him that I had found that my body only lost weight when doing a high fat Atkins type diet and that I had found and started on the Harcombe diet. He laughed! Basically said that I would get fatter and become really ill if I followed this type of eating plan. Even though it works! What can you do eh? Sorry but just had to have a rant (boyfriend doesn't understand the principle either - keeps saying things like 'how do you expect to lose weight if you keep eating eggs and bacon?' and 'not another cooked breakfast, why can't you have just cereal?' - I have Kallo puffed rice on my list btw.

Ask the Doc for evidence that Low Calorie works in the long run?
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

This is what I'm finding more and more, I've just done a Blog post about this on my main Blog. (If you want to read it visit my Blog on here for the link.)

It's very frustrating when we are eating healthy, natural unprocessed foods and the folk that are eating the processed junk and believing the lies spouted by the medical profession to make profits for diet food companies, tell us we're mad. I think we have to bite our tongues and smile at them. Results will show who is right in the end!!

[QUOTE=Mat;179141]Ask the Doc for evidence that Low Calorie works in the long run?[/QUOTE]

A brilliant idea.

I've been part of the Biobank survey for the last few years and today I've been asked to fill in a survey about my food and drink intake for yesterday. I'd love to be a fly on the wall on the recieving end and see what they make of my list.

My Mum's in that study too, it must make for fascinating reading and some puzzlement, when they read some of the replies!!

It baffles me just how bad this has become that common sense doesn't prevail over lunacy. Line up a list of real foods, then compare them to the carb foods and see which is more nutritious. Surely we should be eating what is more nutritious rather than what has little nutrients (ie grains/carbs in general). It just seems so obvious! I had my blood tests done this morning for my GP's Health Check. I cant wait to see what they say to me when I go in. Especially now as I've been doing extreme low carb for the last month!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Will you let us know how you get on Lizzi because I find it all very interesting as well.

[QUOTE=Mamie;179150]I've been part of the Biobank survey for the last few years and today I've been asked to fill in a survey about my food and drink intake for yesterday. I'd love to be a fly on the wall on the recieving end and see what they make of my list.[/QUOTE]

I do it too Carol :-)

Ruthie

Thanks guys, btw Sue15cat I am also in Berkshire.