Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Men Who Made Us Fat - BBC2 14 June

Forgot to say-I only saw half the program-was on iplayer,put it on pause when I took the dog out-came back to find Google had crashed. By the time I was sorted-it was too late. I'll resume it later. Needless to say-I was very impressed. So good to see a rational approach with no sensationalist reporting.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I watched it back this morning, it was awesome!! I just wish some that I know would have watched it and realised it's what I'd said ages ago and they argued with me.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

[QUOTE=princesspentium;179767]Just had our staff meeting & afterwards someone started a discussion about the programme - couldnt resist chipping in & mentioning the calorie anomaly - calories in/out but I was dismissed with 'if you eat less you have to lose weight or else there wouldnt be anorexics!
    Also a comment of 'well it's all about everything in moderation' so I countered with ' I don't agree with that actually - you wouldn't have arsenic in moderation would you?!'

Ruthie[/QUOTE]

....'If you eat less, you have to lose weight or else there wouldn't be anorexics ! ' This IS true, though, isn't it ? :-~

Boy, do I love torrents
    Just finished watching it and it is mind-blowing! There are so many people I want to watch this program!
    I will steer clear of sugar with even more determination than I did up till now.

....'If you eat less, you have to lose weight or else there wouldn't be anorexics ! ' This IS true, though, isn't it ? :-~

I guess that's because they have the willpower to continue starving at any cost....Whereas those not affected by the disorder just don't?

Yes, but if they keep starving themselves, they will die, which in a way, proves that somehow eating less, does mean you lose weight surely ? I'm just puzzled by the fact that although we say (on THD ) that eating less doesnt mean weighing less - surely it does mean that in this case ?

But THD is about eating healthy. Anorexics end up eating nothing (or very little) to get thin. On THD you can get thin by eating 3 low carb meals a day and still remain healthy & active.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

'...Anorexics end up eating nothing (or very little) to get thin....'

that's what I mean, and I'm puzzled as to why we say we dont get thin when we eat less. No one wants to be anorexic, but if eating LESS for them makes them thin, then that rule works for everyone surely..No. I know we shouldn't eat less to get thin, we should eat healthily. But eating less of any food does make one get thinner. Its just a fact.

If you eat less and move more you will lose weight......BUT it will be healthy lean tissue that you lose and not fat. Of course anorexics that starve themselves end up thin, it stands to reason. If you starve your body then it will find the easiest available energy source which is muscle tissue and it doesn't discriminate against the heart as a muscle by the way! So starve yourself and you WILL get thin, after all a corpse is often quite thin is it not?
    I thought the programme was the best thing I've watched in ages.

1themagician
    Visitor

Erm, corpses can be all sizes, and they're getting fatter! Look at the "Goliath caskets" website