Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big weight loss

Unfortunately until you set your mind to it and until you decide that this is a way of life and not just a parenthesis to lose weight you will not lose the weight you have to lose. Or you might lose it and then, as you say, put it back on. If you are lucky enough something will eventually click in your mind and you will start considering this way of eating the only way for you, and your previous "habits" will only become either sporadic cheats or just history. Unfortunately it's not easy to achieve as long as you keep perceiving processed foods and sugars as treats. If you ever reach the point in which you truly believe that only real food is good for you and find "real food treats" then you will be in a winning position. BTW I think I am talking more about myself than anything else!!!!

[QUOTE=Laura;180169]...Unfortunately it's not easy to achieve as long as you keep perceiving processed foods and sugars as treats. If you ever reach the point in which you truly believe that only real food is good for you and find "real food treats" then you will be in a winning position. [/QUOTE]

You put that so well Laura, this is what we all need to aim for!

JayJay
    Visitor

[QUOTE=Laura;180169]Unfortunately until you set your mind to it and until you decide that this is a way of life and not just a parenthesis to lose weight you will not lose the weight you have to lose. Or you might lose it and then, as you say, put it back on. If you are lucky enough something will eventually click in your mind and you will start considering this way of eating the only way for you, and your previous "habits" will only become either sporadic cheats or just history. Unfortunately it's not easy to achieve as long as you keep perceiving processed foods and sugars as treats. If you ever reach the point in which you truly believe that only real food is good for you and find "real food treats" then you will be in a winning position. BTW I think I am talking more about myself than anything else!!!! [/QUOTE]

No Laura, that's me too, I started THD over 18 months ago but am still almost at my starting weight, cos I do it for a bit, lose weight and then come off again. When I read these posts and see what others have achieved in a much shorter space of time and what I know to be achievable I could kick myself! I've got another dodgy week coming up as have visitors but after that I really feel I'm ready to settle down once and for all and embrace THD for life!! I know it works, I love the food and I truly believe it's the best way to eat for health as well as for weight loss - but my sugar demon keeps on telling me otherwise and foolishly I keep on listening!

KenJones
    Visitor

[QUOTE=Mamie;180105]I lost about four and a half stone and it took about 10 months - which I thought was great.[/QUOTE]
    As a newbie here I find this very encouraging.

Thank you

Ken

3 Stones in 9 months!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Well that's so encouraging!

It is a great diet! - I've kept mine of for almost 2 years now!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’