Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed :(

Starters

Default Disappointed :(

Having around 5 stone to lose I am a little more than disappointed today. Started Phase 1 last week and lost a reasonable 5lbs so this week I decided to stick to Phase 1 apart from adding in some berries and some occasional Greek Style natural yoghurt - weight loss this week was an extremely disappointed 1 pound Have no idea where I am going wrong!

kathryn1971x
    Visitor

6 pound is great in 2 weeks, don't be disappointed. Kathryn x

It could be the berries - cut them out this week and see how you go. However a pound is still down and it does slow down after the initial blast of p1! You are still 6lb lighter than a fortnight ago! Dont be too hard on yourself, you're doing great!

Hi Kathryn. Phase 1 is designed to knock the 3 conditions on the head. Phase 2 is the weight loss stage, so it might be worth you moving (slowly) into phase 2. That said, 1lb in a week is a good and healthy weight loss, you can't lose 5lbs every week and stay healthy.

If you decide to go into phase 2 read the stickies on the top of the phase 2 forum, they contain some really good advice.

Good luck
    xx

Have you been separating carbs and fat in your second week of phase 1? This is really important.

Ditto of 6lbs in 2 weeks being a great loss. Change your expectations, weight loss is not constant each week, and you will have weeks where you lose only a little or don't even lose at all. That is completely normal.

Starters

I didn't think you had to in Phase 1 and as berries were so low in carb that it would be ok - may be that's where I've gone wrong.

A typical day would be something like this:-

Breakfast - NLY or Greek Style NLY with either Kallo or raspberries
    Lunch - Salmon/chicken/tuna Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, beetroot)
    Evening meal - Some kind of meat or fish with a selection of vwg

If I have dessert or any snacks they have been NLY, Greekstyle NLY with raspberries or Kallo

xx

No snacks are encouraged, it's important that you stick to 3 substantial meals a day.

I think you have been having too much NLY and fruit, I couldn't tolerate fruit at all when i started it completely stalled my loss, due to my poor high sugar diet prior to THD.

Have largely fat meals, don't mix, do phase 1 without fruit or phase 2 and only introduce one thing at a time, see how it affects your loss before introducing more.

Eat the fat on meat and make sure you are satisfied at meal times avoiding the need to snack.

Good luck, a 6lb loss in 2 weeks is great don't expect huge huge losses the success in this diet is being able to eat without feeling deprived, big losses are usually down to water not fat.

I think you've just mixed up the Phases slightly. It's not Phase 1 if you've added berries, you've moved to Phase 2. But saying that I'll echo the others and say 6lbs in 2 weeks is good, really good. I think we sometimes have to high an expectation. It's better to lose it slower and KNOW that it will stay off than lose lots all at once and find that a single cheat piles it back on again. Sustainable weight loss is slow, steady weight loss.

You've done well, stay with it.

Sue xx

Forum Guest

+1 for what the others have said. You really should only mix for the 1st 5 days of phase 1. I've also got over 5 stone to lose and although I lost 9lb on phase 1 since then on average I've lost 1lb a week. Some weeks I don't lose anything but then lose 2 or 3lbs the next week. The thing is if you have a lot to lose although it is so frustrating & we want it all gone NOW it is so much better in the long term have slow steady weight loss. I probably could lose weight quicker if I stuck to a really strict phase 1 but tbh I would rather have my occasional berries and cream and cheese etc than lose quicker than I am doing. Please don't be too discouraged. You may find that your body needs time to adapt and that suddenly you may lose weight quicker. But if not 1lb a week is still good going.

Unfortunately when we have weight to lose, and in some cases a lot of weight, we want the magical cure. The cure that makes us lose a stone a week with no effort at all. That magic cure does not exist, no matter what the media tells us. Weight loss, like weight gain, is erratic, unpredictable and sometimes down right annoying. I hope for your own sake that you will develop some patience because if you don't and if for every pound you lose (I wish I lost a pound a week!) you feel let down you will risk doubting real food and even worst you could eventually decide to go back to some crazy calorie restricted diet in which good fats are the enemy and shitty carbs are the allies!
    Don't expect your weight loss to follow a mathematical formula and just have faith in real food and yourself. Good luck and keep posting we are here to help!