Thread: Honey

Erica1963
    Visitor

Default Honey

Hello, could anyone tell me if honey is ok on phase 2, please

Honey is still sugar, so that would be a big cheat.

Erica1963
    Visitor

Think i read that somewhere but im confused, honey is a natural food and not processed like sugar. Sorry i'm new to this.

Honey is natural but due to it being a carb it releases insulin and because it is sweet, it can cause cravings and candida. Generally on THD you are better off getting rid of your taste for sweet things as that is what causes binge eating and the need to always want sweet foods. Honey is a phase 3 cheat.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

My husband is a beekeeper and absolutely refused to give up honey and has it on porridge every morning, and is losing weight steadily, I on the other hand would only have to look at it and think about having some and i would put on a couple of pounds
    The human body eh?

Technically Honey is processed nectar...

Bees process it!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

So is beef then!!

I'm just a highly efficient vegetarian eating pre-digested grass!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’