Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guilt feelings about eating meat

I'm in agreement with Lizzi on this. I've always loved my meat but used to feel guilty about eating it. No such feelings now though.

Me too Marnie, always loved meat, but felt bad for always going for the steak in restaurants when virtuous friends would choose white fish. It's a terrible habit I have, 'guilt', not just about this, but about most things, something I work on constantly.

I too loved meat all my life, that's why I never actually been on any diet before THD. The only thing is, I used to eat lots of rubbish after my meat and big quantities of it as well, which made me fat..
    I love THD, it's like a permission I needed to eat the foods I love most

Yes I get these feelings from time to time both on the moral and low fat thing. But I just remind myself that I am nourishing my body, and that really veggies are not fully able to claim that they don't kill any living thing. Reference The Vegetarian Myth!

I have a Buddist friend and she always says a little grace to herself before eating meat, thanking the animal for its sacricing it's life.

I must admit though that I try to ignore where my meat has come from, except I do try to only eat it from Humane sources. But even then I try not to think about it or else I am hoping that the animal did not suffer when it died. If it wasn't,t for the need for me to eat it, I would be vegetarian I think.

I've always been a meat eater. THD is a blessing for me. I've just eaten a very large lamb chop. Nothing else, just the lamb chop and I loved it.

When I was a child I was force fed veg in various ways and it caused me to be really mixed up over food. I used to use the meat to hide the taste of the veg causing me to swallow food without really tasting or chewing it. As I've got older I do try from time to time to eat veg as it is supposed to be so good for me, but I usually end up giving what I have bought to the OH or the dog. I buy it with good intentions, but very rarely manage to eat it.

To be able to eat meat and just meat, well it's brilliant.