Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the verge of giving it al up

Default On the verge of giving it al up

Hi everyone
    I started THD a year ago, lost almost 3 stone by end of November. A bit of cheating crept in at Christmas, New Year, so I went back on Phase 1, lost half a stone again got back on track but I was so close to my end goal the occasional cheat led to my old habits returning ie bingeing. So six months on I find myself almost a stone heavier. I refocussed on Phase 2 for 2 weeks - not an ounce shifted. I've been back on Phase 1 for 3 days and I've put on a pound I really don't understand what's going on. Any advice most welcome.

esty66
    Visitor

Is this a stone heavier than your start weight a year ago?

I guess my only piece of advice is that it hasnt taken 2 weeks to put the weight on and therefore it will take longer for it to come off, you know THD works as it has worked before.

Thow away the rubbish and try and focus on the fact it makes you feel better rather than just the numbers on the scale, especially at this time of year when the sun can cause us to hold on to some water weight more than usual.

I think your body is just so confused, with all the different foods coming to it. I know it's tough, but just make a plan and stick to it, be patient and within time you will start seing good results xx

Hello! You did so well to lose 3 stone last year but something you are eating is not helping now. Perhaps if you post up your menus we see if there is anything there that might be causing problems?

Sue

I think you've got to think of this long term. If you hadnt found THD what would you be weighing by now? Its your choice but if you want to cheat and then binge then you've got to accept that you will put on weight. If you want to stay slim you've got to realise that there are certain things you cant eat any longer and learn to enjoy what you can eat. Sorry if this sounds harsh but its the bottom line. The more you mess about with your eating the harder it will be for your body to get back into fat burning so two weks isnt a fair trial.

[QUOTE=Mamie;193686]I think you've got to think of this long term. If you hadnt found THD what would you be weighing by now? Its your choice but if you want to cheat and then binge then you've got to accept that you will put on weight. If you want to stay slim you've got to realise that there are certain things you cant eat any longer and learn to enjoy what you can eat. Sorry if this sounds harsh but its the bottom line. The more you mess about with your eating the harder it will be for your body to get back into fat burning so two weks isnt a fair trial.[/QUOTE]

+1 sage advice

cherish
    Visitor

[QUOTE=Mamie;193686.................................... The more you mess about with your eating the harder it will be for your body to get back into fat burning ..............QUOTE]

+1 sound!

(I was that person)

So much excellent advice above.

So often we expect our bodies to act like machines - feed it A B and C and expect a specific result. Unfortunately much like life, there are some people that can get away with bending the rules and others that cannot. If you can give your body consistantly good food it will eventually start to let the weight go. I always think of my system as a moody teenager - it will have a big tantrum if I give in to naughty food then it will sulk for weeks and not let me lose any gains Try to be patient and stop cheating and I am sure you will be able to get back on track.

kathryn1971x
    Visitor

+1 Great advice from above.

If you do give up where will you be in six months! Only you can decide what to do, remember how it felt when you lost weight before.

We are all here to help you, best wishes Kathryn x

Phase 1 should get you back on track. Consider doing it a bit longer. I'm mostly on Phase 1 for 10 months. Occasional cheats (one meal, not for days) seems to keep me from gaining weight. Fat-burning mode can quickly be sabotaged by eating carbs. Knowing the consequences, when I cheat, I weigh my choices. Sometimes I have that ice cream. Other times I fry up a couple of eggs.