Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with cravings

Default Help with cravings

Am only on Day 3 of Phase 1, have been really good, no cheating - but am soooo craving something sweet right now! I haven't been feeling hungry on the diet, although I'm finding no coffee really hard (I can't drink it without sugar). I also don't feel as if I've lost anything and wondered when you start to notice, am avoiding my usual weighing myself every day trap. Any help gratefully accepted, thank you

Welcome to the Forum Ruth.

I can't help with the cravings, because I can't say I had any, but do make sure you're eating plenty at each meal, so that you continue not to feel hungry.

I also didn't feel as though I'd lost anything on Phase 1 (though I had, 3 1/2lbs), but in the first week of Phase 2 all my clothes felt very much looser. I didn't lose very much weight in that week, but it was so encouraging to feel the inches coming off.

Hi welcome - you're only on day 3 - so no you wont feel like you've lost anything yet, be patient!!
    I got my friend on the diet the other week, she text me on day 5 & said she hadnt lost anything despite being very good, then 3 days later she said ive dropped 3lb.
    Im afraid the only advice about cravings i can give is stay strong & exercise self control, if i had any sugar cravings i had a glass of water & went & did something else to take my mind off it.
    Please give your body time to sort itself out!!
    Want a happy & quiet life please!

Eat a boiled egg or some meat to try and reduce the cravings, eating something sweet will only make it worse. If you stay off the sugar you may be surprised that you like the taste of coffee without it as your tastes will change.

Thank you all for the advice. Really want to succeed at this as have tried all the usual, WeightWatchers, Slimming World, SlimFast etc etc and couldn't stick to any of them. Didn't feel comfortable at slimming 'clubs', but it's really nice to have the support like this. Starting weight was 14 st 4 lbs, but not going to weigh myself till end of Day 5!

The cravings are most likely caused by candida, imagine them as little evil monsters inside you trying to get you to do their bidding - but you are going to defeat them and be free of them. They can tempt you as much as they want, but you WILL NOT let them win. Sounds silly, but it helped me to give a physicality to the thing that was causing me to crave and then to say no - I am my own person I will not be controlled by something else!

Runtara
    Visitor

Great way to think of candida, Lird.

Pre THD, I used to imagine little gremlins sitting on my shoulders, but I realise now it was probably candida... evil little critters!

Supermember 2010-14 Marie Smith's Avatar

Lots of mint tea has been helping me this week Ruth - anytime the sugar/candida monster rears it's head, I've made a pot of it and by the time I've drunk it the cravings are gone. Stick it out because it really is worth it to get rid of those cravings so you can get on with phase 2 and losing all the weight you need to!
    Marie x on my way, size 12's here I come...

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

As Lird said above, the cravings are probbaly due to Candida. The only thing to do is to stay strong and do something else. Keep your hands busy. I know it is not a matter of being hungry. It's the "desire" for something sweet. You can do it!!! After a couple of weeks the desire for sweet things will fade but as a sugar addict myself, I know it can be difficult.

rogeshar
    Visitor

Hi

I am six months in and still craving sugar like anything!! I think it is just my downfall. This christmas has been worse than I had hoped for, I was only going to treat myself to a small individual Xmas pudding with yoghurt, but yesterday we went to my parents in law (who are both on THD) and they had bought loads of bad stuff, they really should know better and now I am so wanting sugary stuff again, they even bought me a bar of 70% dark chocolate as a present!!

It makes it worse that my partner eats anything and there are leftovers from yesterday in the house.

You are all absolutely right, candida is evil, I need put a line under it all and start on phase one tomorrow for five days and kick all this into touch!! I have come too far now and I after losing just over four stones from my original weight of 17 stones 2lbs, I have only a couple more stones to go to 11 stones which I hope will be around my natural weight for my height and build (5'8" and broad shoulders/muscular)

Yep, onward and upward, well not the scales anyhow lol